Limited control in a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Airtaters

Limited control in a lucid dream?

Postby Airtaters » 30 Mar 2015 01:19

Last night I had a lucid dream, in which I got really excited but I didnt really wake up (Thank god
:lol: ). So Ill just cut to the chase since this was a pretty long dream. There was a woman chasing me with a knife. I wasnt really scared since the enviroment around us was kind of lively. Filled with people. But the thing that really scared me was if she killed me in the dream I'd probably wake up. So I ran but she teleported in front of me and stabbed me in the gut. I didnt feel any pain but all I was wondering was "Please dont wake up Please dont wake up" And when I opened my eyes she was walking away and I was on the floor with the knife riddled with blood beside me. I got pissed off since she scared the hell out of me and almost woke me up. So I walked slowly behind her and I thought to myself "Light her on fire Light her on fire!" But she was still walking away. Then I got real pissed. And I started yelling *LIGHT ON FIRE!* When she turned around, Im guessing cause I yelled at the top of my lungs. And smirked at me. I got seriously angry and I picked up the knife and ran at her to decapitate her or something that would kill her like that. But the knife disappeared and when I looked down is was in the middle of my chest with blood. Things started to blur and then she said "You're still weak." and just walked away and I woke up.
I got so pissed off I was about to yell in the middle of the night. Not because she made fun of me but because I wasted my last moments trying to kill some DC. And was unsuccessful. Why couldnt I light her on fire or kill her? And If I get another lucid dream how can I be sure I can control everything so I dont risk getting woken up by Hostile DC's?

buildit

Re: Limited control in a lucid dream?

Postby buildit » 30 Mar 2015 05:19

Your predisposition to violence seems puerile in nature, I suspect the level of control will improve with your ability to confront DC's who oppose you turns to other methods of dealing with them. IE. turn them to stone, freeze time or even become ethereal so they can no longer effect you.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

The Cusp

Postby The Cusp » 31 Mar 2015 12:24

The only thing you really control in a dream is your focused attention, and the dream responds to that.

First rule of dream control is everything requires your attention to exist. You only feel pain if you focus on your injuries. I've had tons of dreams where my flesh was hanging off me in tatters, yet I felt nothing because I was too focused on fighting or getting away from what did that to me.

I'd say the reason you couldn't light her on fire is because most of your attention resources were being used to keep that knife in your gut and to sustain your injuries. YOu need place your attention on inference points which are fire related. Imagine the roaring sound of the flames in the wind. Imagine feeling the heat from the flames. Imagine the color of the flame. Once you narrow down the possibilities with enough inference points, you should get your fires.

RealityCheck

Postby RealityCheck » 02 Apr 2015 10:59

There is no limit in dreams, it's just that because we're not used to 'lighting people on fire' in real life, it's hard to convince yourself you can do it. Like flying, often people have trouble with it or they say they fly a little and can't continue.

Since you're trying to accomplish something that would be impossible in real life, you need to believe that you can do it. That happened to me a couple of times when I tried to do some cool super power-ish stuff, it doesn't work. Just straight on believing that something can happen will often help ;)
How to wake yourself up

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 12 Apr 2015 22:54

Instead of yelling light her on fire, or things that just take away from your experience, If you want to truley enjoy your LD, stay calm, second yell something more constructive for example. If a bad LD is chasing you freeze time, and kill it while its frozen, by yelling, "freeze time" or "time stop" something of that nature. If you really want to do something interesting because this always makes it interesting for me, I yell, "INCREASE LUCIDITY NOW". random cool stuff always happens. Not to mention commands help you to learn controllability and limits of your own dreams, not that there are limits but you get the meaning it helps you grow..

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”