Fighting in a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Airtaters

Fighting in a lucid dream?

Postby Airtaters » 30 Mar 2015 01:57

Im sorry if Im making to many threads but Im really interested in lucid dreams since I heard about how vivid they can be. So fighting in a lucid dream. Could I summon weapons with powers like the ones in shows and anime? Would they work with me or against me? And in my lucid dreams every time I try to find somebody to fight I only encounter nice and non hostile DC's. And I tried to kill one of them in anger because I was so bored. But my subconscious punished me by putting me into this nightmare with gruesome things. Babies with their heads getting chopped off and other freaky stuff. So I have two questions.

1. How do I summon a hostile monster or put myself in a situation that makes it required for me to fight.
2. How do I summon weapons that have powers.

And could I conquer my subconscious and control things for myself without getting punished for it?

luckycloud

Re: Fighting in a lucid dream?

Postby luckycloud » 30 Mar 2015 04:18

I would imagine that the fact that you we're punished for doing harm upon something innocent is a sub-conscious message telling you that you probably shouldn't do that. Don't focus on living your dreams in a violent anime world, even if it's stimulating. It's lucid dreaming you can do anything IMAGINABLE, expand your horizons, and focus on the peaceful side of things.
-Make 1,2-

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 30 Mar 2015 04:27

Airtaters,

It sounds like your main interest in lucid dreams is battling other dream characters. It seems likely that many people who frequently play combat video games are drawn to this same combat activity in lucid dreams.

However, other people who confront real, challenging, perhaps threatening, circumstances in daily life often report dreaming about being in war situations or being chased by dangerous characters. Their dreaming awareness might create dream helpers or other suggestions and practice situations to assist the dreamer to deal with the real life difficulties.

Your dream seemed to imply that you should begin to explore other activities in lucid dreams, besides wanting to be involved in constant fights.

Here are some suggestions for a variety of ideas about what to do in lucid dreams.

(1) Here at world-of-lucid-dreaming.com, on Home page, click "Articles"
Example - "12 Amazing Benefits Of Lucid Dreaming" - by Rebecca Turner

(2) YouTube - "Lucid Inspirations (A few of my lucid dreaming experiences) by LD4all
Interesting images and music - no voice

(3) Website - astralinfo.org - hosted by William Buhlman
Click on "How To Guides" and "Resources"

(4) YouTube - "Robert Waggoner - Lucid Dreaming - Gateway To The Inner Self" - Interview by Iain McNay - conscioustv
My favorite book about lucid dreaming, and Robert extends the discussion further on some aspects of advanced lucid dreaming, which he discussed in his book.

- jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2015 07:54

When one fights in a LD one will also often bring in other things the subconsciousness may associate with being violent etc. Whatever you think, has potential to greatly change a dream and the whole mood of the dream.

Often too our subconsciousness can act like "thought police", I often find myself being punished when I do something in a LD in which is against my morals.

If you want to fight DCs people in your dreams, try doing something which would cause them to start fighting eg you could try stealing one of their babies or children in front of them, insult bikers or whatever. Your imagination is the limit.

To bring in a monster.. start thinking scary thoughts.. and your thoughts and feelings will help manifest one. Think of it coming up behind you and that it will be there when after you count to 3 and turn around.

You could just try thinking of the weapon being in your pocket and just reach in and pull it out
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Airtaters

Postby Airtaters » 30 Mar 2015 22:16

Thanks for the help! And I guess I'm kind of wasting my experience of Lucid dreaming just senslessly trying to fight and focus on other things. But next time when I think about engaging in combat I'll know what to do

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

The Cusp

Postby The Cusp » 31 Mar 2015 12:16

The three main sources of guilt free violence in dreams are Robots, Zombies, and Nazis.

If you want something to fight in your dreams, get mad. Generate as much rage as you can. It will change everything in your dream scene, especially the behavior of your dream characters. They will get angry and begin to argue and fight amongst themselves. If you can get a really good rage going, some of them may even turn into were wolves.

Summoning weapons is pretty easy. Reach into a blind spot, somewhere you're not looking or can't see. Then imagine the feel of the weapon you want, the texture, the weight. Hold enough of those inference points, and you should be able to find something close to what you were looking for.

Keep in mind, the more complicated your weapon, the more that can go wrong with it. For instance a gun can jam or run out of bullets, get wet, it comes with baggage. A sword is superior to a gun in dreams because it has less potential baggage that can lead you down a wrong turn.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”