Wake Back To Bed Fail

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Xälos Prömythos

Wake Back To Bed Fail

Postby Xälos Prömythos » 01 Apr 2015 14:11

i won't feel bad. It doesn't have to work straight away. I will keep on trying.

When I went back to bed I took like 30/40 minutes to sleep and when I finally slept, I kept waking up and going back to sleep, waking up and going back to sleep. There is an explanation for this, however. There is construction going on right above my bedroom. This means hammers and saws and drills.

This isn't the only reason why it didn't work though. I normally take a loong time to fall asleep. And this causes me to forget focusing on my next dream (MILD). If I took less time to fall asleep, the dream visualization and the repeatition of "I am going to Lucid Dream" might successfully be the last thing that I thought before falling asleep.

I know I must try again, but can anyone give me any tips? Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Fear kills the mind.

taniaaust1

Re: Wake Back To Bed Fail

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Apr 2015 13:58

There is construction going on right above my bedroom. This means hammers and saws and drills.

I really suggest not to be trying to LD while there is construction going on. If you do manage to get into a LD its just too likely to go waking yourself back and and it would be hard to relax with that!!

It may be detrimental to your LD over all, doing it at this time, as its making it more likely that you will get failure with it and too many failures can set a pattern of this at other times so what you are doing now could well end up affecting your future attempts.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Xälos Prömythos

Postby Xälos Prömythos » 02 Apr 2015 16:06

I will start sleeping in the room next to mine. There, you can't hear any hammering or drills!

I tried WBTB for the second time last night and it didn't work. I dreamed and recalled my dreams, but I just didn't become lucid.

It used to be alot easier in the past, when I didn't try so hard. I just read about it and got interested and had lucid dreams normally (once or twice per week).

Now I'm doing WBTB, dream journal, meditation and practising self-awareness but it isn't working.

I know that I should be patient, but its just a matter of trying, right? One day I will have one LD and this will trigger other LD's...?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Fear kills the mind.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2015 15:13

Xälos Prömythos wrote:I will start sleeping in the room next to mine. There, you can't hear any hammering or drills!

I tried WBTB for the second time last night and it didn't work. I dreamed and recalled my dreams, but I just didn't become lucid.

It used to be alot easier in the past, when I didn't try so hard. I just read about it and got interested and had lucid dreams normally (once or twice per week).

Now I'm doing WBTB, dream journal, meditation and practising self-awareness but it isn't working.

I know that I should be patient, but its just a matter of trying, right? One day I will have one LD and this will trigger other LD's...?

Sometimes people try too hard and it stops their attempts from working. I'm confused why you took up all this other stuff when you had a way which was working already for you. (You changed your pattern of things which worked). I wonder if by feeling a need to do all these other things, if you sent an unintentional message to your subconsciousness of "lucid dreaming is hard".

If you are just getting back into it again. I myself find it can take me several weeks to start having LDs again and shift back into doing this.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”