How could this happen?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
berggg

How could this happen?

Postby berggg » 02 Apr 2015 12:00

Tonight, late in the morning, I had a boring and a little bit unpleasant dream (not at all a nightmare) and eventually and suddenly I thought, I don't like this dream, I wanna wake up. Seconds later I was wake and at the same time I realized, what the f... did I just do? I got lucid, something I'm aiming for almost every night, and I wake myself up! I'm not and experienced lucid dreamer, but I've had some lucid dreams. It could have been understandable if I was in a terrible nightmare, but it was just a boring and a little bit unpleasant dream. :cry:

RealityCheck

Re: How could this happen?

Postby RealityCheck » 02 Apr 2015 12:26

It's most likely because you weren't fully lucid, if not lucid at all. Possibly your consciousness wanted to wake up and forgot that you were trying to become lucid, and it was too late when you woke up. Better luck next time haha ;)
How to wake yourself up

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Apr 2015 12:47

It's as the other said.

Maybe giving yourself a reminder every night "I can change boring or not enjoyable dreams" right before sleep, may be helpful to avoid a repeat :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 05 Apr 2015 22:59

personally I have little control over environments in lucid dreams, been lucid in a dream only allows me to control my own character within the environment I get stuck in, so boring places like empty rooms is something I have experienced before.

Although I think its hard to specify what I want my environment to be in dreams and tailor it to my liking once within a dream at least, I can change from one random environment to another, this often happens randomly anyway during dreams so just waiting for your next given environment could be one way around creating change, but if you want to force the situation try running though a wall and see whats there when you come out the other side.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”