"Almost" had a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Aquaface

"Almost" had a lucid dream?

Postby Aquaface » 02 Apr 2015 18:18

I was meditating or at least listening to binaural beats again, then I fell asleep when I saw this hallway with beige colored walls. It had a bunch of dark rooms (I tend to have non-lucid dreams where I can't turn on the light) and there was sunlight at the end of the hallway coming from another room.

My body went numb again and it was so vivid but I was like "oh crap I'm dreaming" and was aware of that but got scared!

In waking life, I tend to have anxiety problems or be fearful sometimes. I was thinking lucid dreams would help me resolve some of those issues (probably not all). I have been doing reality checks but I hate the fact that I'm too afraid to stay lucid!

I can wake myself up from a regular dream but since I've never had a full-blown lucid dream, how can I wake myself up if I see something too scary in my dreams?

taniaaust1

Re: "Almost" had a lucid dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Apr 2015 18:51

Aquaface wrote:I was meditating or at least listening to binaural beats again, then I fell asleep when I saw this hallway with beige colored walls. It had a bunch of dark rooms (I tend to have non-lucid dreams where I can't turn on the light) and there was sunlight at the end of the hallway coming from another room.

My body went numb again and it was so vivid but I was like "oh crap I'm dreaming" and was aware of that but got scared!

In waking life, I tend to have anxiety problems or be fearful sometimes. I was thinking lucid dreams would help me resolve some of those issues (probably not all). I have been doing reality checks but I hate the fact that I'm too afraid to stay lucid!

I can wake myself up from a regular dream but since I've never had a full-blown lucid dream, how can I wake myself up if I see something too scary in my dreams?

Being aware, its far fear easier to wake oneself up in a LD even for those who cant wake themselves up from regular dreams, all you need to do is just open your physical eyes and you are awake.

With this being said though, I strongly recommend not trying to wake up from a scary dream as that fear can keep someone in a dream state and experiences like sleep paralyses become more common when someone has got scared and tried to wake themselves up out of fear.

If you stay calm, you should be able to very very easily wake yourself up.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”