Almost had a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Aquaface

Almost had a lucid dream?

Postby Aquaface » 03 Apr 2015 00:44

I was meditating or at least listening to binaural beats again, then I fell asleep when I saw this hallway with beige colored walls. It had a bunch of dark rooms (I tend to have non-lucid dreams where I can't turn on the light) and there was sunlight at the end of the hallway coming from another room.

My body went numb again and it was so vivid but I was like "oh crap I'm dreaming" and was aware of that but got scared!

In waking life, I tend to have anxiety problems or be fearful sometimes. I was thinking lucid dreams would help me resolve some of those issues (probably not all). I have been doing reality checks but I hate the fact that I'm too afraid to stay lucid!

I can wake myself up from a regular dream but since I've never had a full-blown lucid dream, how can I wake myself up if I see something too scary in my dreams?

DataTunnel

Re: Almost had a lucid dream?

Postby DataTunnel » 06 Apr 2015 06:27

Aquaface wrote:In waking life, I tend to have anxiety problems or be fearful sometimes. I was thinking lucid dreams would help me resolve some of those issues (probably not all). I have been doing reality checks but I hate the fact that I'm too afraid to stay lucid!

I can wake myself up from a regular dream but since I've never had a full-blown lucid dream, how can I wake myself up if I see something too scary in my dreams?

Hey! I'll try and answer your question the best I can.

Being afraid to stay lucid is something I've dealt with as well. I also get anxiety from time to time so I understand being a bit overwhelmed by the feeling of a lucid experience, it can be very intense.

First of all, just always keep in mind that lucid dreaming is safe and nothing bad can really happen to you. The worst that can happen is a nightmare, and nightmares aren't really all that bad (they can actually be healthy if you're in the right mindset). I don't know about anyone else, but my lucid dreams very rarely lead to nightmares anyway. So there really isn't anything to be afraid of :mrgreen:

Also, try to have a lucid dreaming goal for your next lucid experience. If you go into the dream with a goal in mind, when you become lucid, you may think of the goal right away and skip the fear all together. For example, if you want to fly in your lucid dream, you may become lucid and start trying to fly without ever thinking about your fears.

I think you'll get accustomed to it as you lucid dream more and more. Gradually you'll get use to it and you'll lose the fear.

Return to “For Beginners”