Third Person Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dream Scout

Third Person Dreaming

Postby Dream Scout » 03 Apr 2015 03:42

I knew that I dream in third person before I knew about lucid dreaming and it hasn't been a problem until now. When I talk about what I see in a dream I often refer to myself as a cam. When I dream I see it as a movie. And I'm rarely in the "movie" if it isn't a nightmare. When I actually exist inside of a dream I see myself in third person 99% of the time. The problem is that I'm afraid the reality checks won't work. If I never see things in first person perspective how can I see if something seems weird? Should I care about this or not? Maybe train my cam to see weird situations? I'd be happy to get any kind of response.

Sorry if my English is bad, I'm from Sweden.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
First Lucid Dream Birthday: April 22
Number of Lucid Dreams: 2

kaiser

Re: Third Person Dreaming

Postby kaiser » 03 Apr 2015 08:17

This is happening to me all the time. Usually when I see dreams I see them as a very fast movie and not in the first person perspective. I am new to the concept of lucid dreaming and I wanted to know how will a do a reality check if I do not see my dreams in the first person perspective ? Somebody please help. :(

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 03 Apr 2015 14:54

Can somebody please share their thoughts? In my dreams I mostly seem to be an observer. I'm desperate. I don't want to waste several days doing something that isn't going to help me. Lucid dreaming is the goal of my life. I NEED quick responds that can help me.

KethSuzane

Postby KethSuzane » 14 Apr 2015 15:29

My friend had similarly striking dreams in third individual in the recent past. The latest one he can recollect in third individual, he was another person completely. It's kinda like he assumed the part of a Prince. He recall being into a bad situation. For reasons unknown it was a ton like Aladdin.
Samsung 4k TV --->4k.com/tv

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 16 Apr 2015 03:16

KethSuzane wrote:My friend had similarly striking dreams in third individual in the recent past. The latest one he can recollect in third individual, he was another person completely. It's kinda like he assumed the part of a Prince. He recall being into a bad situation. For reasons unknown it was a ton like Aladdin.

As I said in my first post, I am often not in my dreams either. It's always third person like if I am watching a movie, and movies doesn't always follow one person. So there's nothing wrong with dreaming that you are a completely different person.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2015 06:01

It is possible to be dreaming one is outside of ones dream. If you are an aware observer, you could try entering into whatever you are watching eg think about the movie screen or images getting closer and closer to you... hopefully you will get to a point where they merge with you so you find yourself within whatever you are watching.

If you aren't an aware/lucid observer. You'd need to do something like practice all day awareness till you start having lucid awareness in the observer state to be able to try to act upon it.

The observer state is also a state that many yogis etc do, to be more outside of the dream state and watch the stuff the subconsciousness is producing rather then being dragged into it and getting involved. It is possible to have all night awareness this way. This is done via more of a type of meditation sleep kind of state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 19 Apr 2015 11:43

I'm proud. I finally did it. Last night I managed to ( No, not lucid dream, but) dream in first person! I trained myself into it. I have no memory of dreaming in first person since years ago! Hope that I will do it tonight also.

[ Post made via Dreamdroid ] Image
Last edited by Dream Scout on 20 Apr 2015 06:21, edited 1 time in total.

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 20 Apr 2015 06:20

Dream Scout wrote:I'm proud. I finally did it. Last night I managed to ( No, not lucid dream, but) dream in first person! I trained myself into it. I have no memory of dreaming in first person since years ago! Hope that I will do it tonight also.

I did! Twice! I think I'm very close now!

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 21 Apr 2015 05:48

After many dreams in first person I'm going to tell you how I trained myself into first person dreaming from third person dreaming.

Almost like an RC, I looked down at my nose several times a day. When I saw my nose I knew a was in a body. I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not but I know that my nose was there.

After doing that I got good results after 1-2 days. I dreamed in first person. The reason why this work, I think, is that when I live through the day I don't see my nose at all. I focus on everything else. If I see the nose, my dream me will too.

Return to “For Beginners”