Pseudo Lucid Dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RichinTx

Pseudo Lucid Dream?

Postby RichinTx » 04 Apr 2015 20:05

I've been aware of lucid dreaming for a while but am not in the habit of doing reality checks. I have a few books but haven't read them yet so I am a complete beginner. The other night something happened but I'm unsure of what.....I either became lucid or dreamed that I had become lucid...not sure which. I was headed out somewhere with my girlfriend (which I don't have in real life) and as we were getting out of the car I realized that I was carrying my pistol in my front pocket and thought to myself....."hey, I ALWAYS carry my pistol in my back pocket...I must be dreaming." Here's the rub though....there's no reality in that thought....I don't carry a pistol in real life so how could I become lucid by realizing the difference between my dream and waking reality if it was all dream? So does it sound like I simply had a dream about being lucid rather than becoming lucid? If so...has anyone ever experienced this? Seems like being aware of lucid dreaming while dreaming would indicate some degree of lucidity wouldn't it?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

taniaaust1

Re: Pseudo Lucid Dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Apr 2015 17:09

I was headed out somewhere with my girlfriend (which I don't have in real life) and as we were getting out of the car I realized that I was carrying my pistol in my front pocket and thought to myself....."hey, I ALWAYS carry my pistol in my back pocket...I must be dreaming." Here's the rub though....there's no reality in that thought....I don't carry a pistol in real life so how could I become lucid by realizing the difference between my dream and waking reality if it was all dream?

It is possible that you may of become lucid by thinking about dreaming etc and had some of your waking consciousness come in but still have been confused. Levels of lucidity vary and often people get partly eg they may forget "some" things of their daily life or have some strange thoughts coming into their dream on top of anything they do really know.

So the fact that you had a pistol in which u also thought you have in RL but didn't, doesn't necessarily mean that you wasn't lucid some. eg maybe you were 40% lucid (eg knew you were dreaming but getting lots of life facts wrong).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

RichinTx

Re: Pseudo Lucid Dream?

Postby RichinTx » 06 Apr 2015 03:07

That could very well have been the case. I would think that becoming fully lucid I would have also realized that I didn't have a girlfriend either. I also just had an episode this morning where I think I may have realized I was dreaming but woke almost immediately. I was walking on a big wrap around porch of a house on a beautiful day and at some point I became aware I was dreaming (not sure what the realization was based on) but as I turned the corner the daytime scenery beyond the extents of the porch was completely black as if that part of the picture had been erased and I had no control...immediately there was a door on my right leading into the house and as I looked through the door I saw a lamp on a nightstand and a picture on the wall....which was the view in my bedroom upon waking. The whole episode (from when I "realized" I was dreaming until I saw the lamp) seemed like maybe 5 seconds or so.

It almost seems like the opposite of a false awakening. If you can become lucid in a dream and then dream that you wake up.....then it stands to reason that you could dream that you realized you were dreaming.

Return to “For Beginners”