Had two Semi-Lucid dreams last night

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Finch_Linus

Had two Semi-Lucid dreams last night

Postby Finch_Linus » 05 Apr 2015 14:18

How do I make sure that I can control? I felt that after I realised that I was dreaming, I managed to stabilise my dream and make it clearer for a few seconds, then I started to loose control. What should I do?

DataTunnel

Re: Had two Semi-Lucid dreams last night

Postby DataTunnel » 06 Apr 2015 06:02

Finch_Linus wrote:How do I make sure that I can control? I felt that after I realised that I was dreaming, I managed to stabilise my dream and make it clearer for a few seconds, then I started to loose control. What should I do?

How did you go about stabilizing the dream? There are dream stabilization methods you can practice that help this sort of thing. Usually, these involve interacting with the dream environment in some way.

Here are some methods you can use that will help you keep control:
- Rub your hands together
- Say out loud to yourself "I'm Lucid" or "I'm Dreaming"
- Feel a texture in the dream (grass, carpet, tree bark, fabric or any other object/substance around you)
- Apparently spinning can help to stabilize (but I've never tried this one and I'm not sure how well it works)
- Stare at a single point in space and keep your eyes locked there

There are a lot more of these and you can always make up your own based on what works best for you. Also, as you become lucid in your dreams more and more, you will get more and more used to it and your lucid dreams will most likely start to last longer naturally. Just keep doing what your doing, and try some of these stabilization methods.

Hope this helped!

Return to “For Beginners”