Communicating with your Dream Characters

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
paprika_boss

Communicating with your Dream Characters

Postby paprika_boss » 06 Apr 2015 13:29

Tonight I've had a dream...That one day, this nation will rise up.. No Ok seriously,
THe main reason why I try to have lucid deam is to learn more about my dream characters (or achetypes), I've already managed to know what one of them represents (the one that appeared the most in my dream), this DC (let's call him DC.1) is a close member of my family, it turns out they represents my brain and my body.
So tonight, I've had a lucid dream, looking for further explanation about another DC, who's also a close relative (lets call him DC.2), as I became lucid I teleported into a car, I was with DC.1, I tried to shout out to my dream what DC.2 represented in my dream, but I got no response. So I decided to ask DC.1 what DC.2 represented. And DC.1 started going crazy and telling me random things with a weird voices,I remember he told me "You're a big racist!", (I don't believe in racism in real life), and then I've had a false awakening.
So what I wanted to ask is : Are dream characters reliable?
I've tried many times to directly ask things to my subconscious, but it never anwers...

taniaaust1

Re: Communicating with your Dream Characters

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Apr 2015 15:13

oh I just did you a long post but lost it. I'll try to do a briefer one.

Your subconsciousness shares your deepest truths and thoughts both shallow and deep, it generally doesn't lie but people tend to misinterpret it as it appears you are doing. You are trying to understand it as you would normal person but it doesn't work like that as it's language is symbols (it doesn't generally communicate in literal sentences).

If you want to understand it, you need to learn like the language it speaks.

I've already managed to know what one of them represents (the one that appeared the most in my dream), this DC (let's call him DC.1) is a close member of my family, it turns out they represents my brain and my body.

I also think you are misunderstanding your DCs, ALL your DCs and other symbols eg house, car etc in your dreams can represent your mind and body not just one DC.

To try to work out what one of them is representing about yourself, think of the things which stand out about the person you know they represent, the qualities of that individual etc. The DCS also carry universal meanings eg a grandparent can be representing wisdom, a mother can be representing unconditional caring and love etc etc. So both your own symbolism and the universal one needs to be considered.

Anyway, you cant ask the DCs things and expect to get literal answers in words as that isn't how the subconsciousness usually expresses. You need to interpret everything..

You're a big racist!", (I don't believe in racism in real life

I know two people in real life who don't believe they are racist but they really are (and very badly racist too.. one is badly racist with aboriginals while the other is extremely racist with Indians and towards those from the middle east). I've actually cut contact with one of these as he was so racist. It stuns me that both those people insist they aren't racist though I tried to get them to see the shocking comments they make towards those people are. This may or may not be the case for you. You need though to look at that in a symbolism kind of way.

I'd wonder with the "racist" symbolism if its referring to you rejecting aspects of yourself rather then accepting them. I suggest you think over this.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

paprika_boss

Re: Communicating with your Dream Characters

Postby paprika_boss » 06 Apr 2015 16:35

Hi taniaaust, thanks a lot for your answer

I also think you are misunderstanding your DCs, ALL your DCs and other symbols eg house, car etc in your dreams can represent your mind and body not just one DC.

I often analyze my dreams, I knew that many things could represent one, it's just that this DC.1 always appears in my dream, I'm always hanging around with him etc.. I think it is because I have dissociative disorder, this one in particular is reccurent and I needed to know what it was.

Anyway, you cant ask the DCs things and expect to get literal answers in words as that isn't how the subconsciousness usually expresses. You need to interpret everything..

I see, that's very interesting to know.
But, actually, one time I had a lucid dream, it teleported me in a room, with a computer and a search bar, I searched on it "what DC.1 represents in my dream?" and it straight up told me : "the brain, the body"
I also asked someting else, and it gave me a number as an answer.

think of the things which stand out about the person you know they represent, the qualities of that individual etc.

Yeah, I knew this was the best way to figure out what they represent, and that's what I did for my DC.1, at first, I thought they represented my feminine side, I was convinced that it was it, but after I had this lucid dream where it told me it was my body, then I realised that I had made a mistake, even though it seemed right, what the dream told me was way more accurate.
That's why since this happend, I kind of want to directly ask my subconscious for a precise definition of what they represent. Because to be honest, I have an idea, but I want to know directly from my subconscious in case if.

I know two people in real life who don't believe they are racist but they really are. This may or may not be the case for you.

I probably still have some unconscious prejudices, but in real life, I really praise diversity etc.. I truly don't think I'm a racist..

You need though to look at that in a symbolism kind of way. I'd wonder with the "racist" symbolism if its referring to you rejecting aspects of yourself rather then accepting them. I suggest you think over this.

Alright, that's also interesting, I'm going to think about that. Thanks :)
but also, there's something I wonder:
Lately, (since I have dissociative disorder) I've had a few dreams where I saw myself fighting against that DC.1, and I wonder if it wasn't because I had a bad relationship with DC.1, could this part of myself be communicating in a hostile way with me? Is it even possible?

Thanks a lot!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”