Alternative to an alarm clock?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Hypnos

Alternative to an alarm clock?

Postby Hypnos » 08 Jun 2012 00:39

I need an alternative to an alarm click for some of the different methods as I am only 13 and cannot risk waking up my mum or sister. Sounds kinda pathetic I know =)

Any ideas, don't pee before bed? Leave windows open and hope noise will wake me up? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Re: Alternative to an alarm clock?

Postby Peter » 08 Jun 2012 00:49

yes, dont set yourself up for a lifetime of busted sleep so IF you wake up at some odd hour get up for a few minutes and then get back to bed and try for WILD or DILD. At 13 you need you sleep and as good as LD is it is only one part of what should be a rich life and you have a lot of years left so enjoy. Also try sleeping in the lounge on the weekend and use an alarm clock there.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Hypnos

Postby Hypnos » 08 Jun 2012 01:25

Thanks for the advice Peter. Does this mean I shouldent be trying seriously at my age to LD?

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Jun 2012 02:29

No not at all, I just mean that dont give up sleep and being healthy to LD, take advantage of the times that you do wake up and maybe on weekends you can move to another room so you dont disturb anyone. Also with reality checks and reading and this forum you will saturate you mind with all aspects of LD and may spontaneously have some. I quite often get aware in my dreams for no reason or more correctly no actions that I have taken. I go to bed and sleep and dream and sometime I go "aha" and I know I am dreaming. Lucid dreaming to me is a major part of my life but only one part and so keep it all in balance and you will get a lot of good advice from this board as there is a lot of experience here.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Hypnos

Postby Hypnos » 08 Jun 2012 16:09

So its all about balance between tryinqg to LD and having life of good sleep. Thanks for the advice!

Return to “For Beginners”