All Day Awareness Question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Fira

All Day Awareness Question

Postby Fira » 07 Apr 2015 02:24

So I recently (meaning today) decided to start doing All Day Awareness. But because I still need to LIVE and DO things, I've set up a timer on my phone to go off every 30 minutes and I do the ADA then. I basically go down the list of five senses and try to pick out as many things as I can that I notice with each one, the highest two being sight and sound unless I'm eating at the same.

My question is: Is there a list of SPECIFIC questions to ask? Or could someone MAKE one for me? Lucid Dreaming is important to me, but when I do the ADA thing every 30 minutes, I mean... I could spend ANOTHER 30 minutes just on one sense. I don't have that kind of time to waste in my day. I mean, 10 minutes, sure. 5-10 minutes each time is what I do. But... I feel like I'm wasting my time because my senses don't even know what to focus on.

Help?

taniaaust1

Re: All Day Awareness Question

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2015 11:47

I personally think its better being done constantly and just trying to always be more observant of your environment you are in eg when you walk into a room really pay attention to that room and what you see. We often move around in our days in a not paying much attention to things state.

I don't feel for this that you should need to actually stop what you are doing usually as the processes for this goes on inside the brain eg asking yourself things like "what are I seeing as I walk into this room?" "How does this room feel, smell or whatever". "does the room feel nice" "what here is interesting?" When you look at someone really study them and what they are wearing etc etc . Are I really being aware?

the questions you ask yourself as you pay more attention to your surroundings are unlimited.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”