My 2nd Lucid Dream lasted only 5 seconds.. Why?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
doruxray

My 2nd Lucid Dream lasted only 5 seconds.. Why?

Postby doruxray » 07 Apr 2015 13:34

It was a DILD. I won't tell you the whole dream, but from the part I started becoming lucid. So, I was alone in a room. I walked out of it to look for a person and as I got out of it, I found it. Then that person said something to me that made me go back into the initial room and as I walked toward it and as I was standing in the doorway, I saw a female of approximatively 20 y/o sitting on my bed and she smiled at me as I was looking at her. Then I instantly realised that I was dreaming, because it was impossible to be real, she appared out of nowhere. Then I immediately performed a reality check and my fingers went through my palm and then I started floating very easily and then my very first intention was to fly, so I did! It was phenomenal! I started flying and I went through the windows and as I was outside I look below me and that's when I woke up. So my lucidity only lasted like 5 seconds, but WHY is that may I ask? Did I do something wrong?

paprika_boss

Re: My 2nd Lucid Dream lasted only 5 seconds.. Why?

Postby paprika_boss » 07 Apr 2015 17:23

Maybe something form the outside woke you up, maybe your paradoxal stage was over, maybe your sleep was over, maybe you got a bit too excited, who knows.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2015 12:57

Before flying, you probably needed to do a dream stabilization technique.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 12 Apr 2015 22:49

I personally think the reason is you got too excited. I know its hard not to especially since this was your second LD ever. But with time you will realize that your lucid dreams will increase in length and vividness. Tell your self to stay calm it could potentially prolong your LDS substantially

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”