Good Morning!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Roadwyrm

Good Morning!

Postby Roadwyrm » 07 Apr 2015 17:35

Iv been meaning to do some research on this subject for some time now. A few months ago I was doing an interview for a new associate and she had mentioned the term "Lucid Dreaming" as a study, I didn't really think much about it at the time but a few days later I asked her what it was that she meant by that as a hobby. Apparently she was trying to learn how to have "Lucid Dreams" and described to me what it meant.

I have been having more "Lucid Dreams" for roughly two years and I wasn't sure if it was common or what it was even called (if it even had a term). When I think back about it I believe I actually had lucid dreams very often when I was a teenager but I didn't know that it was any different than what people would call a normal dream. I was aware of things and was able to fly and decide to take actions but had no idea that it was a dream at the time and couldn't manipulate anything other than my ability to fly. I even recall watching "Nightmare on Elmstreet" and the ability to "read" while sleeping came up... I remember thinking about it in my Lucid Dream state and correcting all of the signs so that they where in English.

I never really thought about those dreams until recently as I have been getting them again, only this time I can change things and recall exactly what was going on. The other day I woke up in my sleep and became aware that I was sleeping. I changed the scenery to that of a field with a circus and people and started to redefine the peoples images as they all appeared like clay figurines. As I was looking closer at one of three individuals I realized that it wasn't clay that they where made of but some sort of fabric that didn't make sense... like moving geometry that didn't move... anyways to make a long story short the three seem to become aware that I was trying to alter them and didnt seem to happy about it, as all three of them made eye contact with me the white blur that becomes a tunnel started to form and I knew I was about to wake up. I find it some what interesting that almost all of my lucid dreams end with this "tunnel of light".

I honestly don't plan to exercise the ability to have these dreams, as wonderful as they seem to be because I really have to question how safe it is for my mental balance. As I have these dreams more often I have been doing what I guess is called "reality checks" because sometimes I feel like I can actually alter things in the real world... which of course I cant... but it makes me really wonder if "Lucid Dreaming" can cause one to go insane.

I have done some research today and find a lot about practices to have lucid dreams but haven't found much on how to prevent them. Ill do some more research today but if anyone has any links or advice please let me know.

Fira

Re: Good Morning!

Postby Fira » 26 May 2015 01:03

I suppose you can do what you want, as they're your dreams. However, lucid dreaming is perfectly, 100% safe. The only way lucid dreaming could "cause you to go insane" is if you weren't mentally stable to begin with. If you're having trouble distinguishing between what's real and what's not, that's not the fault of lucid dreaming, and I would suggest getting psychiatric help...

Roadwyrm

Re: Good Morning!

Postby Roadwyrm » 27 Oct 2015 07:07

I appreciate your response but judging from most of the posts written here I believe Ill have to find another source of information. For the record I never said that I had an issue "having trouble distinguishing between what's real and what's not", I am always perfectly aware of when I am in this world or the other as they are distinctively different in many ways. I believe you should try not to assume you know everything about what you call reality.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”