yup yup

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
son of shennong

yup yup

Postby son of shennong » 07 Apr 2015 18:07

Hi all;

1st off, I'm a recluse. Not antisocial by any means, I just feel I can make quicker progress alone than hanging w buds. You know the quote, "I have never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude. Much more of an internet lurker than an active participant in any forum. I'm making an exception in this case because lucid dreaming is one of my main interests.
I was a very good dreamer as a child, as I suspect most if not all of us were, and for myself, began to lose that ability around the age of 7 or eight. By very good, I mean this: When I slipped into sleep as a child, straight off my thoughts would morph into images, and the images would soon become my dreams. Furthermore, it was not uncommon for these dreams to be lucid ones. I remember one in particular where I was dreaming about a really cool gun, knew I was dreaming, and thought if I held onto it very tightly, I could take it back w me to the waking world when I awoke. I remember another one eerie in its precognitiveness.
But the degree of that ability was lost to me as I aged for numerous reasons. I scratch my head a great deal concerning that now. Still, I do believe what was lost can be regained, if only one applies oneself and has the doggedness to pursue it with faith and tenacity.
Over the 6 decades and small change of my life, I have pursued many vocations. Menial jobs, candy making, auditing, agriculture, construction, Eastern medicine, programming, Western medicine, etc. I am keenly interested in world philosophies, religions, cultures, languages, and histories.
I am on this board for selfish reasons, to help myself return to the state I so easily could slip into as a child, only now I am attempting to do it armed w what I believe to be a considerable knowledge base.
Hoping to grow in the direction I am charting for myself by both reading and posting on this board.
Best wishes to all
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

Peter

Re: yup yup

Postby Peter » 09 Apr 2015 08:18

Welcome and be as selfish as you want, post or just lurk and enjoy

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Introduce Yourself”