Possible first step into lucid dreaming ?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Blue

Possible first step into lucid dreaming ?

Postby Blue » 08 Apr 2015 13:19

Hello,
I believe I am having the initial beginnings of lucid dreams, where, for the past 3 or 4 months I seem to wake up in a dream to find myself whirling/flying/spinning. I am the observer in these dreams, watching myself and even feeling the sensations of the movements, yet after I have that first awareness of spinning or whirling, I lose total awareness and sleep again. I am understanding this could be some sort of lucid dreaming and that there are ways to keep awareness and watch the whole dream. I have begun reading about lucid dreams but there is so much info out there, I am boggled as to how to proceed with the experiences I'm having. So may I ask, please : is there a name for this type of lucid dream, and what might I do to gain a longer awareness? Any suggestions would be so helpful for me. Thank you.
Blue

taniaaust1

Re: Possible first step into lucid dreaming ?

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2015 16:18

To hold your awareness longer, keep reminding yourself and saying to yourself "This is a dream". You may also do things like remind yourself that your real body is in bed asleep (as long as that doesn't wake you up). You need to strongly hold on to this thought as it only takes a moment of letting it go to loose a dream where you are just an observer of it.

It's far easier to stay in it if you are more so participating rather then just like watching it so you are in a more difficult place then most lucid dreamers. You may be in a more like meditative kind of state even while asleep then the average lucid dreamer. (That dream observance state is a state that yogis often aim for.. all night awareness). Observer states get quite interesting if you understand dream symbolism so what the dreams mean as you watch.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Blue

Re: Possible first step into lucid dreaming ?

Postby Blue » 11 Apr 2015 14:08

Thankyou for your suggestions. I will try exactly as you say to do.
I know its just a matter of time before I will see some results !

Return to “For Beginners”