LD remembering

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nove13

LD remembering

Postby Nove13 » 09 Apr 2015 04:16

Hi again,
IF we got our LD. Do this LD is hard to recall ? as hard as we recall ordinary dream ? I meant, some ppl say that they can see clearly, remember clearly, even can feel the air n smells. So when we wake up from LD, do this LD still be remembered that clear?

thx,

sorry for my english

Snaggle

Re: LD remembering

Postby Snaggle » 09 Apr 2015 05:59

Lucid dreams are as memorable as any real experience. Some will be remembered always as they had an impact upon you others will wade away like the memories of real happening that made no great impression on one.
PS I don't seen an abundance of perfect English from native English speakers on any of the several forums I've been a member of.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

paprika_boss

Postby paprika_boss » 09 Apr 2015 11:32

Lucid dreams are as memorable as any real experience.

They can be way more easily remembered than casual dream due to their intensity, but they aren't comparable to real life experiences!
When you wake up a while after having a dream/lucid or not, you will a have a sort of amnesia, that'll make it hard to remember, I mean, it's hard to remember something that happend when you were inconscious...
While in real life, you could easily tell what you had been doing 3 hours earlier...

IF we got our LD. Do this LD is hard to recall ? as hard as we recall ordinary dream ? I meant, some ppl say that they can see clearly, remember clearly, even can feel the air n smells. So when we wake up from LD, do this LD still be remembered that clear?

It depends when you wake up after having the lucid dream. If you wake up 3 hours after, for example, there is pactically no chance for you to recall it properly, If you wake up 10 minutes after, you'll probably recall it pretty easily, lucid dreams are very intense, and because you are conscious, you will have a clearer memory of what you've seen.
I don't know if you are used to have lucid dreams often, but if it is not the case, then you will probably wake up prematurely, and so you will remember it perfectly.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2015 13:09

LDs are generally far more easy to remember then regular dreams as some of your normal waking consciousness was in them.

I though have found that if I have a very long LD eg one 45 mins or longer, by the time I wake up after having done a lot, I can sometimes forget the start. Hence I usually wake myself up so I can clearly remember my whole LD after I'd done a couple of my dream challenges or have something special or complex I want to remember in it eg a DCs full name or where they said they were from.

Just as its possible to get up in middle of night and walk to the loo while half asleep and forget that by morning, one could also forget a LD in the same way. (I always get up and write them down right after them. This helps signal to my subconsciousness 1/ LDs are important to me and I want more of them
2/ Details I may otherwise forget.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”