WILD: Am I close or way off?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
cathel

WILD: Am I close or way off?

Postby cathel » 09 Apr 2015 04:26

I have been trying to WILD for the last week or so, as well as a few scattered attempts before that, and I would like an outside opinion to tell me if I'm getting it right.
I can achieve paralysis fairly easily, and I think I'm getting hypnagogia, images gradually turn into scenes, and after a while sounds start to creep in as well, and I can visualize scenes in good detail as well, like if I walk through a forest I can see bark and leaves on the ground, though I have to work to maintain the detail. On one or two occasions I have experienced vibrations, and my vision has gone totally white, with images starting to appear, but then I lose it. In general once I am numb and the scenes are getting fairly vivid I struggle to get any further, so, do I need to keep trying? Or Am I doing something wrong?

taniaaust1

Re: WILD: Am I close or way off?

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2015 12:10

I can achieve paralysis fairly easily

I'm personally of the opinion that sleep paralyses for many may be hindering things rather then helping as its quite possible to think you are just sleep paralyed but in fact have started to dream. I suggest to not focus at all on paralyses as it isn't needed for WILD anyway but rather just sometimes a consequence of a WILD attempt.

Good visualisation doesn't necessarily mean someone is close to having a LD as many do visualisation in meditative states and visualisation is an act of the waking mind and some are just good at this (due to photographic memories or whatever). For a dream state though its the subconscious mind creations which become important and need to be happening.

On one or two occasions I have experienced vibrations, and my vision has gone totally white, with images starting to appear, but then I lose it.

That sounds like you were getting very close, sounds like you were in a transitioning stage.. some will loose vision for a short time on LD and on OBE entries and then images start to appear or just suddenly come in. Drop outs are common at this point and it can take practice to sort this out.

Do you know if you did anything which caused your drop outs? (you could of started thinking too much, you need to stay relaxed in all ways).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”