1st WBTB attempt = SUCCES! It lasted so long I forgot how it

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
doruxray

1st WBTB attempt = SUCCES! It lasted so long I forgot how it

Postby doruxray » 09 Apr 2015 08:54

So ... Wow, I am still so excited about this. I woke up laughing. This was my third lucid dream ever and with this technique I succeded from the first attempt, it's incredible, who would of thought? So I was always frustrated about my very first two lucid dreams lasting under a minute, but this one lasted like an hour. It was sooo long I couldn't even remember how I even became lucid. So yeah, In the beginning of the dream I could easily fly, then all of a sudden I'm at school. I kept asking people if they were dreaming, because I was and that I wasn't awake. They kept thinking that I am crazy and what did I smoke etc ... Throughout the dream I did plenty of reality checks, looking at my hands was incredible! Everytime I looked at them they were in different shape, it was fking amazing. I spinned around, I rubbed my hands, everything I could do to increase the dream durability. I was lacking things of what to do in the dream, I even got bored at a time. I remember I fought some dude because I thought I wouldn't feel pain, but damn it hurt! Pain really exists. I kept telling a classmate to tell me what I did the next day because right now I was sleeping and I thought it would be a good idea to make someone tell me the next day at school what really happened, but poor me I forgot I'm on vacation and the characters were projections of my subconcious. Every single character acted exactly like in real life. I told a bully I was dreaming and he started laughing at me and he thought I'm high on weed, wtf... I wish I'd of done more, but later in the dream I couldn't even fly anymore. I tried jumping out a window from the building, but around 3 classmates pulled me back shouting "OOOOOOOOOOOOW". Anyways, it's incredible... Any tips for future lucid dreams?

taniaaust1

Re: 1st WBTB attempt = SUCCES! It lasted so long I forgot ho

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2015 12:06

Congratulations on having such fun.

I find hands fascinating in LDs hence the painting of the hand I did of my LD hands by my name. I started to paint a series of LD hand pictures, I have another half done of one time when I looked at my hands and found my fingers were growing plants out from them.

and yep.. one can actually hurt in a LD. One time I got so determined to fly after not managing too that I threw myself forward in the air to do so thinking "I will fly" but then to my horror crashed down on concrete and in the LD broke my ribs due to this.

The pain was incredible just like I'd broke real ribs, I was in too much pain to be able to do any dream control and ended up having no choice but to wake myself up to stop it (I was screaming in my LD in pain). It's taken me years to have another go at flying!!

I strongly suggest to have some LD gaols so you can make the best use of your LDs you can. For ideas check out http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13407

I had a LD last night (actually 2 last night), I wasn't going to put them here but I think I will post one as its always fun to read others LDs.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

doruxray

Postby doruxray » 09 Apr 2015 12:25

Damn that sounds horror ... I can only imagine what would of happened if I jumped out that window and nobody pulled me back...
Last edited by doruxray on 09 Apr 2015 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2015 12:29

doruxray wrote:Damn that sounds horror ... I can only imagined what would of happened if I jumped out that window and nobody pulled me back...

I recently allowed myself to get eaten by zombies in a LD to finally get over my fear of being hurt in dreams and used my mind at the time so it didn't hurt being eaten. They ate away one half of one of my legs leaving just a bloody stump. (It was hellishly scary to keep myself in the dream till they started munching on me and I had things there under control).

It's probably a fear you will have to get over sooner or later and use your thought control so it doesn't hurt.

doruxray

Postby doruxray » 09 Apr 2015 12:31

Anyways I still don't realise why I couldn't fly anymore after flying in the beginning of the dream... Flying is so much fun :twisted: Oh an another thing I tried to push my fingers thru the other palm and I couldn't. The skin was being pushed in an unrealistic way, but the fingers wouldn't go thru

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2015 12:38

doruxray wrote:Anyways I still don't realise why I couldn't fly anymore after flying in the beginning of the dream... Flying is so much fun

You may of brought in a higher level of waking consciousness then when you first became aware and as we cant normally fly in real life, the normal way of being can end up getting in the way of things (its probably why you couldn't push finger through your hand properly too).

This also could be the reason why the start of your dream was harder to remember, if your level of waking consciousness in the dream was a little lower at that point.

With more experience with LD, you should find you can do more in them.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”