choline sources, acetylcholine, synaptic cleft, et al

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
son of shennong

choline sources, acetylcholine, synaptic cleft, et al

Postby son of shennong » 09 Apr 2015 18:33

Lots of choline supplements out there.
I've starting to like lecithin (I use soybased, altho eggbased is out there as well).
I lifted these specs from the brand I use:
Naturally occurring phospholipids (example) (per serving)
(1 1/2 tablespoons)*:
Phosphatidyl Choline 2.3 g (2,300 mg)
Phosphatidyl Inositol 1.4 g (1,400 mg)
* subject to natural variability
1 to 3 is the ratio for tbs to tsp, so if my math is correct & I'm ballparking it, 1 teaspoon gives you approx 260 mg choline as phosphotidyl choline. For me, it's part of my 3 AM breakfast. I take it w milk after I whirl it in the nutribullet. Milk is going to give me a little choline as well.
I might add lecithin's inexpensive too.
Dream last night was vivid. Will probably post it sometime today, schedule permitting.
:shock: Any students w a interest in neuroscience/neuroanatomy lurking out there? :shock:
Since acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter synthesized in the human body from dietary choline and is involved in synaptic transmission @ various sites within the central nervous system (for example, as in brain, neuron, axon, dendrite, synaptic cleft is the gap where neurons fire & transmit thought via electrical impulse), finding the right amount of choline to ingest can help w vivid/lucid dreaming.
Obviously too much or too little is not what I'm looking for.
Sorry for the ending this w a pun, but, what are your thoughts on this?
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

son of shennong

Re: choline sources, acetylcholine, synaptic cleft, et al

Postby son of shennong » 09 Apr 2015 18:46

Thought I would add this chart because I thought it was interesting.
It shows 6 neurochemicals grouped into three pairs & their influence upon us.
I like the overlap between them.
Thank you wikipedia. You are way cooler than the Encylopedia Britannica I had as a child.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/NorepinephrineDopamineSerotonin.png
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”