Meditation and lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
poseidon

Meditation and lucid dreaming

Postby poseidon » 11 Apr 2015 13:58

I have read a lot about lucid dreaming and tried different stuff. Nothing worked yet so i am going to try the last thing ( not last but i dont want to try WILD :P ) which is the meditation.
I ve read about guided and breathing meditation.
First question: Will this help me have lucid dream? ( note that i cant write dream journal )
Second question: Will this increase my dream recall ability?
Third question: Which one should i do? ( i will not have time for both )
Fourth question: If you answered [yes] on the first question, how can meditation help me lucid dream?

Thanks.

taniaaust1

Re: Meditation and lucid dreaming

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2015 14:12

Whether meditation will do a lot for you or not all depends on whatever the issues you are having with LD are so I cant answer that (though it sounds like your issue is simply not even doing together the normal things people do when trying to LD).

I have read a lot about lucid dreaming and tried different stuff.

You really should be focusing on the basics with this if you really want to LD and be aware usually to trigger off one it usually (though not always) more then doing just one thing. Usually people need to do a combo of things (dream journal, reality checking AND meditation IF needed).

( note that i cant write dream journal )

Keeping a dream journal "could" well be even more important then meditation

1/ Its signalling to your subconsciousness strongly that your dreams are important to you when you write them down. It is a form of paying more attention to them, it trains you to be more aware of them ..which in turn can aid in spontaneously becoming aware in a dream.

2/ Keeping a dream journal also aids in dream recall.

By skipping important steps like this (unless you have excellent dream recall and do pay attention to all your dreams without writing them down), its likely to make LD harder then it may be otherwise.

[/Third question: Which one should i do? ( i will not have time for both )

I suggest that if you have that little time to do basic LD triggering stuff, now may not be the right time for you to be working on this. Failures cause you are putting very little time into this and not doing much at all though you are trying and wanting, may actually lead to a negative impact in the future if this doesn't work out for you.

If you don't even have time to keep a dream journal and don't have time to do reality checking.. leave this all for the time being. Wait till you are on holidays or whatever.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

poseidon

Postby poseidon » 13 Apr 2015 20:38

Yes i think you are right. I can give much time to it at summer holiday..
Are 3 months enough to have the first LD ?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2015 13:24

poseidon wrote:Yes i think you are right. I can give much time to it at summer holiday..
Are 3 months enough to have the first LD ?

2-3 months often can be plenty of time for someone to have their first LD if they are seriously at it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

KethSuzane

Postby KethSuzane » 14 Apr 2015 14:45

Reflection and the subsequent care goes as one with numerous clear imagining practices.The exploration of pondering stems from science - a branch of brain research which considers the impact of the psyche on the body. So as to reflect for clear imagining, you must add to two inverse abilities:
Focus
Quiescene
Samsung 4k TV --->4k.com/tv

Return to “For Beginners”