Possibly Lucid Dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jessicanextdoor

Possibly Lucid Dreaming?

Postby jessicanextdoor » 13 Apr 2015 16:09

Hello all,

I could potentially be completely off the mark here. However for the past few years I've been having extremely vivid dreams. They're always off the wall crazy, and I usually spend a deal of time trying to interoperate them. The one thing that sticks out the most is that I have such vivid colours in my dreams, to the point its hard to pick something in real life to compare them too (particularly green, green so bright I can't describe).

I've always read that people don't see colour in their dreams, but I usually have an *awareness* that I'm dreaming, and over time I can confirm that I'm defiantly seeing the colour whilst I'm dreaming and not filling it in after.

When I googled vivid colours in dreams, the only thing that seemed to come up was Lucid Dreaming. I've never attempted to Lucid Dream before, I'm quite happy to let them take their course, but if something happening I don't like I find it easy to push my concious mind through and remind myself that I'm just dreaming and change the direction, or if my dream gets stuck in a loop I can sort of 'un-hook' it when I get frustrated at it.

I don't know if this is lucid dreaming (I was always under the impression that people had much greater control, although I've never bothered to attempt to control the direction of my dreams) or if perhaps there's another name for it?

I'm just curious if anyone has an explanation?

Also please move this if the topic is in the wrong place.

Thank you,
Jessica.

taniaaust1

Re: Possibly Lucid Dreaming?

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Apr 2015 16:50

I'm quite happy to let them take their course, but if something happening I don't like I find it easy to push my concious mind through and remind myself that I'm just dreaming and change the direction, or if my dream gets stuck in a loop I can sort of 'un-hook' it when I get frustrated at it.

I don't know if this is lucid dreaming (I was always under the impression that people had much greater control, although I've never bothered to attempt to control the direction of my dreams)

that sounds like you are lucid dreaming at least at a low level. If you are not bothering to control your dreams it may be why you aren't having a lot of control over them and just rather like playing along with them unless something you don't like goes on and hence then wish to change.

I personally think most people would be dreaming in colour but rather its probably a case that they just aren't paying a lot of attention while they are dreaming to this and hence then don't remember. Just like some people say they never dream, when in fact we all do but some never remember their dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

somfar

Re: Possibly Lucid Dreaming?

Postby somfar » 20 Apr 2015 01:16

Any time you become aware in a dream that you are dreaming and exert any kind of influence over the direction of that dream.....you are in fact lucid dreaming. Sounds like to me that you are well on your way to much greater adventures if you run with them. I think the first time for a lot of us it catches us off guard because it is a totally new experience and one that has never really been explained to us. I think you will find that you have ended up in the right spot to open new views to your dreams. Welcome and Happy Dreaming.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”