Happy Birthday and RIP, Christopher Hitchens

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Happy Birthday and RIP, Christopher Hitchens

Postby Summerlander » 13 Apr 2015 22:54

Happy birthday and RIP, Christopher Hitchens! You will always be an inspiration to me, one of my favourite authors, and my favourite journalist. Loved reading your critique of Mother Teresa recently. It was hilarious and quite revealling. There will never be another one like you and I would have loved to have met you in person. Oh the whiskey and the conversations we would have enjoyed!

If you don't know the Hitch yet, get to know him. You haven't lived. There is much to learn from this charismatic and extremely intelligent human being. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Re: Happy Birthday and RIP, Christopher Hitchens

Postby deschainXIX » 16 Apr 2015 23:06

Man, I missed it! Well, I can still honor him by buying his books. 8-)
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Apr 2015 10:39

Buy them all! 8-)

Reading "Waking Up" at the mo by his equally intelligent friend.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 19 Apr 2015 00:12

Reading "Letters to a Young Contrarian" at the moment. A book not only to read, but to reread and to live by (if there was ever such a book).

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Apr 2015 01:17

I've got that one too! I still haven't read it though. I've got a list of twenty! Lol! By the way, Sam talks about the Hitch in Waking Up because he used the words "numinous" and "transcendent" when describing what he felt about works of art, the Hubble Deep Field, and the Parthenon--which he loved for its beauty and symmetry without worshipping Athena, of course.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”