Dumbest Politician in DC

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

The Most dumb is

Joe Biden
67%
John McCain
33%

Total votes: 6

Snaggle

Dumbest Politician in DC

Postby Snaggle » 14 Apr 2015 01:09

The voting boot is open, the candidates are for the Democrats Joe Biden and for the Republicans John McCain. Cast your vote. I'm sure it will be a close race ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Re: Dumbest Politician in DC

Postby Summerlander » 14 Apr 2015 01:46

Must I pick between these two doughnuts who supported the Vietnam war and stand sapless in their convictions regarding today's geopolitical affairs? :-P

And why is it that in America a lot of so-called promising candidates seem to want to turn the States into Victorian England? Why do we get so many homophobic pro-lifers lying about their lives and forebears' backgrounds? Their politics stink and I am only an armchair political scientist. :-D

I mean, look at the beauts running for the presidential election next year. Marco Rubio has to embellish his roots with sensationalism by saying mummy and daddy are political refugees from a communist Cuba when in actual fact they fled Batista's regime for a more promising America. (Although he may be right about taking backward strides with a power-hungry whore like Hillary.) And Ted Cruz? Really? Fuck me! We'd be better off with Tom Cruise! At least he'd say to Putin, "Why would you do that? Why? Y'know, you're a jerk!" 8-)

I take it Joe Biden, with his "bombs" (blunders)--clear embarassments to an intellectually superior Obama--and his Roman Catholicism, is the biggest donkey. At least McCain comes from a Protestant faction (a slight improvement) and is on the money about the Russia-Ukraine foreign policy debacle.

But McCain is still a dud. :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 14 Apr 2015 22:42

Regarding politicians who have questionable analytic skills, I suggest -- check out YouTube videos for Congressman Louie Gohmert.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jul 2015 18:28

I checked out Gohmert. What an dimwit. He is worse than George W Bush and the Pope combined! He may have a point, however, when he insinuates that the Obama administration is guilty of terrorism. Scandalous military operations where innocent civillians are deliberately killed in order to implicate the enemy even more, or to perpetuate recruitment in organisations such as the Taliban in Afghanistan (JSOC's dirty wars) to feed a vicious cycle of revenge and counterattack, do much for the arms industry, the obtention of foreign resources, the amelioration of Western economy and the spread/maintenance of American imperialism.

Gohmert criticises Obama's foreign policy where Israel and Palestine are concerned and I can certainly understand Israel's Netanyahu's unease about Iran's nuclear program backed by the US government. Iran has one of the world's largest crude oil reserves and that puts it in a good position for negotiations. But it is also run by Islamists whose eschatology wishes to see the decimation of the neighbouring Jewry and opposing Islamic factions (Shia-Sunni conflict). It was in America's interests to delay intervention in Syria during its civil war; the White House conveniently ignored secular Syrian armies and allowed Islamic terrorists and fanatical dissidents to gain control. Some of ISIL's best warriors were trained by the CIA in Jordan!

If you think that it's in the US government's interests to see a truly Westernised or secularly democratic Iran, you are mistaken. The United States plants, or instigates, wars for profit. (With a religion like Islam, ripe as it is in the Arab world, it doesn't have to do much.) The White House is responsible for the mullahs' political power in Iran, the ones who whisper in President Rouhani's ear - not Iranian civillians. Iran had already democratically elected their reformist and secular champion, Mohammad Mosaddegh, in the 50s. Mosaddegh dispossessed BP's forerunner of Iranian oil and did much to withstand Western hegemony. So what did the Anglo-American Alliance do to circumvent this? A joint coup d'etat by the CIA and the British SIS. And who did they favour to run the show in Persia? An anti-Semitic - and conveniently anti-Communist (for paranoid USA during the Cold War) - Fazlollah Zahedi, a Hitler-loving general who had been interned in Palestine during WWII. Ironically, after his government tenure in Iran, Zahedi became a United Nations ambassador!

Today, it seems like every fucker running for the Oval office is a right winger or, in some cases, irresponsibly liberalist. I suppose Hillary Clinton is the lesser of all evils... one hopes! :geek:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”