hello

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
amarastriel

hello

Postby amarastriel » 17 Apr 2015 12:01

My name is Amaras Mayae Triel ( pronounced [AHM - ar - ahs] [My - YAH] [tree - EL). My wife of 8 years, is very adept at lucid dreaming, which is something I envy, and what ultimately brought me to this site. There isn't much to say about me personally. I am a mostly unknown author, but author non-the-less. I have been crafting and refining my fantasy multiverse for 3/4 of my life (~18 years), and it's never going to get finished, but I love every new adventure I have there. I have a 4 year old son on the High Functioning End of the Autism Spectrum, and he ensures there is never a dull moment for his dad.
I value love above all else, and have strong religious beliefs; however, part of those beliefs is being open minded and respectful of the differing belief systems, preferences and opinions of my fellow human beings. That is the essence of my picture. It is not so much the idea of unifying those religions into a single belief system, merely my deepest hopes that one day they will coexist peacefully while maintaining the virtues they hold dearest, and though the symbols represent religions, I also intend for them to symbolize tolerant-coexistence of humanity in general regardless of race, gender, orientation yada yada yada... basically, I just want us all to get along.

Now all that being said, remember I respect your beliefs too and I am not in anyway trying to push mine on you. "Shoving it down your throat" so to speak, regardless of what "it" may be, is probably my top pet-peeve.

The most interesting thing about me, I guess, is I have 3 published short stories and am turning one of them into a screenplay, and people with fat wallets actually have some interest in it. My published stories are suspense/horror; however, I consider myself a writer of Fantasy and Science Fiction above all other genres. OK... back to the why I am interested in Lucid Dreaming.

Aside from my wife's lucid dreaming abilities, the thing that really got me curious about it, is the concept of Astral Projection. You can laugh if it sounds silly to you; no offense will be taken, but I believe its possible, and all the research I've done on it so far, indicates the key to Astral Projecting begins with mastering the art of lucid dreaming. I also think it would be pretty neat to dream myself into my world every-now and then. Consciously acting within my own creation, arrogant as it is to say so, would be akin to being a god. It's an tempting and exciting thought, but also kind of terrifies me.

Hope to learn with you, from you, and by your sides'.
Thank You
A good story can save your neck for the night, but half a good story can save it tomorrow night as well.. Rough Idea of Arabian Nights

Fira

Re: hello

Postby Fira » 26 May 2015 01:16

I too am a writer and share your belief about wanting everyone to get along and not wanting to shove my ideals down anyone's throat. I have not yet had a single lucid dream, though I only got serious about it a few months ago, then gave up for about a month, and decided yesterday to keep trying again. Good luck to us both!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”