Lucid Dreaming - First Night Experience

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
BryanB

Lucid Dreaming - First Night Experience

Postby BryanB » 17 Apr 2015 12:18

After doing plenty of research I went to bed the night of with high hopes and goals, once in bed I laid there frozen but let my thoughts run freely continually telling myself "What comes next will be lucid", "It will be a dream" after running on about that for the next 10 minutes still laying still, I began to have thoughts of what I wanted to dream of, flying across the sunsets of Hawaii and mountains, then I started having thoughts being around strangers in a classroom, then with my mind I decided to get rid of one of the people there; with a strong thought that individual disappeared, instantly I heard a loud bang like a door slam and then SP took over. I immediately closed my eyes allowing the sensation to run through me freely. I felt as if I was floating in the ocean waves (yet my eyes were still closed and I did not see anything but a bright white light), then it started to dissipate and the sensation left me completely. I may have become too excited, yet I managed to get myself that far I am still slightly disappointed. I would appreciate feedback!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by BryanB on 17 Apr 2015 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

BryanB

Re: Lucid Dreaming - First Night Experience

Postby BryanB » 17 Apr 2015 12:29

To add to the story; when I "erased" that person from my thoughts all of the strangers suddenly turned their attention towards me, then the loud bang came initiating my sleep paralysis. I did have my eyes open for a momentary second to see something black on my ceiling, I did feel frightful at first which led me to shut my eyes closed.

Questions I have, was that feeling of floating on ocean waves apart of the transitioning towards the lucid state? Was it that I became too excited that I snapped out of it? Also, the SP feeling only lasted for 10 seconds before it began to dissipate.

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » 18 Apr 2015 06:43

The second or third time I tried to WILD, I had a very similar experience. I had been lying in bed for about an hour, getting all the odd vibrating sensations but not getting much further. Eventually i gave up, and rolled around I let my mind wander a bit, and after about 10 minutes, i heard a loud drum-roll and felt myself drop through the bed and fall through air, landing in a very dark forest. I tried to see more by opening my eyes, and poof, i woke up. I was so angry haha

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2015 17:53

jimmyjames wrote:The second or third time I tried to WILD, I had a very similar experience. I had been lying in bed for about an hour, getting all the odd vibrating sensations but not getting much further. Eventually i gave up, and rolled around I let my mind wander a bit, and after about 10 minutes, i heard a loud drum-roll and felt myself drop through the bed and fall through air, landing in a very dark forest. I tried to see more by opening my eyes, and poof, i woke up. I was so angry haha

I suggest to do not try to open your eyes, your dream eyes will open themselves if you don't allow it to bother you. You could even think of yourself having a third eye and seeing from that so not to risk moving your real ones which probably woke you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”