Greetings, my fellow waking dreamers

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
WakingDreamer

Greetings, my fellow waking dreamers

Postby WakingDreamer » 17 Apr 2015 12:36

I can barely contain my excitement here, because I know that we are really onto something.

We are in a very small minority. I had always assumed that lucid dreaming was an experience that was common to all of us. It is not something I had ever discussed with anyone, however close they were to me. Why would I? We occasionally speak to others about our dreams, but usually only if something very strange, prescient, or unpleasant happens in them.

But one time I was speaking to some close friends over a drink, and I just happened to mention that I had had a lucid dream the night before. Their reaction surprised me. They didn't know what I was talking about. They did not realise that such things happened. I explained it to them, but they still shook their heads. And so I told my girlfriend about it. She didn't know what I was talking about either. My curiosity was piqued, and so I mentioned it to other friends and family, and not one of them knew what I was talking about.

I was a bit freaked out. I have had lucid dreams since I was a kid. The first lucid dream I had was when I was a child of 7-8. I was talking to a bunch of other kids who I had never bet before but were now my best friends, and I suddenly realised I was dreaming. And so I told them. And they were frightened. They said "Please don't wake up John, if you wake up, we'll die". And so I tried my hardest to stay asleep. In my dream, I screwed up my eyes and tried my hardest to sleep.

And so then I woke up and they all died. I'm sure you can now imagine why I remember this dream so vividly even now, almost half a century later.

I do not always dream lucidly. From a young age, I was a very heavy drinker, and so my remembered dreams were very few and far between. In the last couple of years, I have cut down a lot. I figured that I am an alcoholic, and so I reasoned that I have the choice of either drinking myself to death or cutting down by 50-75% (I am very logical, and I'd rather not stop completely. ;-).

And so most nights I don't drink at all, and my dreams have blessedly come back again, including the lucid ones.

I drink a lot of water during the night. There is always a glass by my bed. If I wake up during the night, and cannot find my glass, then I am in the habit of turning on my nightlight to look for it.

But many nights I find that the light will not turn on.

And so I would think: "Stuff it. The bulb's blown. I'll fix it tomorrow. How thirsty am I? Not that thirsty", and go back to sleep.

And so one time I decided to fix it. I got a new light bulb, and went to change it. And when I took the old one out, I examined it. My late father was an electrician, and he had shown me how and why light bulbs blow. And so I have always been of the habit of looking at blown light bulbs to see where they blew.

The coil in this bulb was intact. I put it back in the socket and flicked the switch. Bingo. I was WTF?

And so the next time it happened, I was of the opinion that I was probably dreaming. Of course the light bulb could have really blown this time, so I stood up and tried to switch the room light on. I was (and am) well aware that this light has two energy saving (and long lasting) bulbs in it, and so the odds of all these lights blowing at once that night were statistically insignificant. I considered the option that this was a power cut. It had to be a possibility. So I decided to look out of the window. And then it suddenly occurred to me that the very fact that I was debating with myself whether or not I was awake was a dead giveaway. Of course I was asleep. And so I imagined a door, ran through it, and had a little adventure.

That was the story I was telling my friends. ;-)

As I mentioned earlier, I used to be a very heavy drinker, and hardly dreamed, but I did learn a few things about the lucid dream world when I was a young man.

1. Some places have a bad atmospheres. In any new place, then things might creep into your dreams that don't belong there. So when bad things happen, then you need to check if you are asleep. The mere fact that this thought is occurring to you means that it probably is. So if it does, then confront the damned thing, and yell and swear at it, and it will go away. Every. Fucking. Time. And once you have beaten it once, it never comes back. I used to travel a lot. I needed to use this one sometimes, but by no means every time.

2. The eyes. Watch the eyes. People who you invent for the purposes of your dreams have eyes that are like looking into your own in a mirror. If you ever see anything other than that, then be careful. That is a whole 'nother story. It has happened to me many times. Sometimes in nightmares, and sometimes not.

3. Always treat people in your dreams with respect. I like to think of myself as an English gentleman. And I am. But one time when I was lucid dreaming, then I decided that all of the people I met were just figments of my imagination and so therefore I could do whatever I liked to them. I saw a beautiful young woman leaning against a wall, and decided that I would take her. She was not real, after all.

So I jumped on her and started to rape her. Look, I know it sounds bad, but I was young and I was 100% certain that it was a dream, right?

No. Not right. in my lucid dream, the beautiful young lady turned into a vicious snarling monster, and she pinned me to the ground and she beat the shit out of me.

And I woke up. This was about 25 years ago.

I questioned my morality. Was I to become a dream rapist? I recoiled at the prospect. I decided that from then on I would accord the people I encountered in my lucid dreams the same respect that I would to people in my waking life. And I always do.

And i do still have romantic dreams. One time a few years ago I encountered a young lady, and said to her:

"Hi. Look. I'm dreaming. You know it and I know it. Please may I kiss you?".

And she said yes.

And so I said:

"May I touch you?"

And she said yes.

And then I started to say...

And she just smiled at me and said:

"Shut up and get on with it".

Look, I don't know if all this sounds like bullshit to you. I swear it's all true. And more besides. Much more. I really don't need to make shit up. My waking life is weird enough without me finding people to fantasise to about my dreams.

I have an avid layman's interest in Quantum Physics and Philosophy. and this phenomenon has great interest for me.

This is a frontier of knowledge. There are rules in this world that cross the boundaries of science, philosophy, psychology, and spirituality.

I would go so far as to claim that this is a true science. It is pushing the boundaries of the unknown, and to we who wander in this strange land: this an unexplored world.

We should explore this world together. As explorers.

I have experiences to share, and much to learn.

With love,

John Hardy

I usually have nightmares under control now (a related but different story),

BryanB

Re: Greetings, my fellow waking dreamers

Postby BryanB » 17 Apr 2015 12:50

I'm very very new to the scene, but I would like to hear about your lucid nightmares, what are they like? How do you overcome them?

WakingDreamer

Postby WakingDreamer » 17 Apr 2015 14:16

Hi Bryan,

I have stayed in some places that might seem scary but aren't. I stayed in some big old houses alone that didn't bother me at all. Then again I have stayed in places that should be so peaceful and surrounded by the love of family and friends that they should be like falling to sleep in your mother's arms. You know what I mean?

Now if you have occasional bad dreams, then they are most probably nothing. We all have them. But if they are unusually disturbing, and/or happen very frequently, then please let me or somebody else on this thread know. The chances are that we know what you are talking about.

I usually do not have lucid nightmares. I am usually in control of my lucid dreams now that I behave in them as an honorable man. They are usually more fun than my waking life. ;-)

Occasionally the monsters creep in, but hardly ever. When they do, I confront them instantly. Whenever I sense anything in my dream that I don't like, or am aware that there is something there that shouldn't be there, then I become totally wild. I kick, and fight, and swear, and basically fight against whatever it is as if my life depended on it. I scream "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING CUNT!!".

Try it. It works for me. Every. Fucking. Time. ;-)

WakingDreamer

Postby WakingDreamer » 17 Apr 2015 14:28

Oh. Basic self protection. If you are lying in bed and are fearful (and it can be a scary time), then picture yourself under a silver waterfall. When you are laid in your bed in the darkness, then just fall asleep imagining a silver waterfall of light falling over you. This is you asking the universe to protect you. It will protect you, and you will sleep like a baby.

BryanB

Postby BryanB » 17 Apr 2015 19:27

Thank you, haha I will definitely try it! You seem to be the only person responding here so maybe you could answer the questions I have. I tried to WILD for the first time last night, it was successful until SP took over, when it did I shut my eyes and let the vibrations run through me ignoring HH, the vibration sensation started to go away and I felt like I was on an ocean of waves but then it disappeared all together and I was unsuccessful, for more details refer to my post I made in beginner topics.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”