hello

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
amarastriel

hello

Postby amarastriel » 17 Apr 2015 15:51

I have never had an actual lucid dream experience, but one of the most influential moments in my life came from a non-lucid dream. Initially it may sound silly, but it has influenced the last decade of my life. In the dream there were these 1 to 2 foot tall little blue humanoids. They reminded me of smurfs, but these guys were dressed for war in like beaver hides and wearing skulls. They also had catapults that were launching these flaming balls of leaves against this huge army of humanoid tigers. I don't know how long the dream really lasted but I felt like I was there, just a silent observer watching the chaos, for hours. It was really quite sad watching them kill each other.
Then just before I woke up, one of the tigers looked up into the sky, and I knew he was talking to me and he said something along the lines of "everything is possible if you want it to be so bad enough, and that he was done and it was my turn."
That morning I woke up and the first news item that jumped out at me was one of my long time heroes, Gary Gygax, had died that night.
I'd already been messing with fantasy stories for a few years at that point, but that dream is changed writing them from a serious hobby into something I pay the bills with... sometimes.

This is really the only dream that has stuck with me long term.
A good story can save your neck for the night, but half a good story can save it tomorrow night as well.. Rough Idea of Arabian Nights

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”