OBE or vivid dream?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
son of shennong

OBE or vivid dream?

Postby son of shennong » 19 Apr 2015 04:50

Last night, I took my stack twice, once around 8:30 PM, the 2nd time around 3 AM. Nothing @ all for the 1st round of sleeping, but things happened the 2nd.
I was sleeping very low to the ground. Folded the legs on my massage table & slept on it. The sliding glass door in my apt that I was facing toward was a shade of pink and I sort of floated thru it.
The next thing I know is I'm in a purple building. I see someone who looks like an old friend of mine. She smiles & I see we're in a huge room, more like a lobby. Lots of people there doing what appears to be rituals of some sort. I leave my friend & go to another woman. She helps me get some information. Then I wake up.
Any opinions?
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

Snaggle

Re: OBE or vivid dream?

Postby Snaggle » 19 Apr 2015 17:37

Son of Shennog ignore the question of whether all OBE are dreams this was not an OBE. You did not describe an exit from your body or a return to it, plus you were sleeping = dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Apr 2015 15:57

That sounds like dream. Were you lucid? from your post I cant tell.

You went through your door in your home and found yourself in a completely different place. Doors with dream symbolism often symbolise entry into another place and this is exactly what this dream of yours did.... Randomly ending up all over the place, in strange places without thinking about it = dream. (I personally find the astral plant to be a bit more like our reality, you don't just don't keep ending up anywhere without planning to go there).

with an OBE, you going through your door, one would still usually be in ones own home not suddenly elsewhere for no reason at all. The astral plane of ones own home is usually quite well defined as all the normal astral counterparts for your normal home should be there if that is where you have astrally projected too.

Dream world is less stable and is changing movement to movement based on your thoughts, feeling and subconsciousness. It's not stable. Astral plane doesn't have ones subconsciousness throwing up surprises and creating new things all over the place. A person has far more control over things in the astral plane cause you aren't competing with your subconsciousness projections getting in the way of things so much.

Meeting "friends" you know from our plane, in astral plane are far less common (as most aren't conscious and aware while in the astral plane, most humans are asleep there, they go out of body while asleep and dreaming and are just hanging around their bedrooms astrally close to their bodies while still asleep unless they do astral projection and stuff).

Unless your friend is a conscious astral projector, I'd doubt very much you would meet him there and have a chat (in that case the friend is likely to remember it too). I'm yet to meet a real life friend there in astral world while out (though a few times did work while out with another person who can astrally project themselves)... of cause in dreams though we have our friends and family etc in them all the time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 20 Apr 2015 19:12

taniaaust1 wrote:That sounds like dream. Were you lucid?
Meeting "friends" you know from our plane, in astral plane are far less common (as most aren't conscious and aware while in the astral plane, most humans are asleep there, they go out of body while asleep and dreaming and are just hanging around their bedrooms astrally close to their bodies while still asleep unless they do astral projection and stuff).

Unless your friend is a conscious astral projector, I'd doubt very much you would meet him there and have a chat (in that case the friend is likely to remember it too). I'm yet to meet a real life friend there in astral world while out (though a few times did work while out with another person who can astrally project themselves)... of cause in dreams though we have our friends and family etc in them all the time.

Brief lucidity.

Friend is a she, if she's still around. When I saw her, didn't look exactly as my recollection of her. Prettier now. Met her in Sedona & then inadvertently bumped into her later in Colorado.
Regarding whether she's a conscious astral projector, I'll state categorically for the record she is "out there."
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2015 11:40

son of shennong wrote:Brief lucidity.

Friend is a she, if she's still around. When I saw her, didn't look exactly as my recollection of her. Prettier now. Met her in Sedona & then inadvertently bumped into her later in Colorado.
Regarding whether she's a conscious astral projector, I'll state categorically for the record she is "out there."

Though this was probably a dream, it is possible to be both to have some OBE awareness but be dreaming too. This can happen just like someone can start daydreaming during the day when fully awake but of cause any mind wandering at all while in an OBE state will start creating a dream state as it allows the subconsciousness to be manifesting and mixing with the reality (such an OBE awareness under dream influence would be quite hard to tell what is real and what isn't and to distinguish the two... so those I myself simply count as dreams).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”