2 Conflicting issues with WILD :-/

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ezzolucid

2 Conflicting issues with WILD :-/

Postby ezzolucid » 19 Apr 2015 18:56

Hi everyone, still trying to get my first WILD but however much I read I get conflictions in techniques

The first is about how and when to interact with hypnogogia. Last night i started getting brief dream scenes for a few secondfs at a time whilst on the edge of becoming unconcious and didnt know whether to start exploring the in detail to hopefully bring me right into the dream or to continu observing it whilst mantra'ing 'i am dreaming'. Some advice says not in interact with hypnogogia but to simply observe it instead. confused :?

Also, when waking after 5 hours should i then begin wild immediately or get up for a while. I dont understand the advantage of getting out of bed for 30 mins before trying to wild. Would it not make sense to wild straight away when sleep is closer and the body relaxed? Why get up only to have to relax again 30 mins after? Im probably missing something obvious here but i am a newbie so please be patient

Lastly, when should i mantra? should i repeated phrases such as ' i am dreaming' throughout the whole WILD process or should i let go at some point

Its really frustrating as i keep waking in the morning with several non lucid dreams, i must have fallen asleep at some point when i tried to remain conscious

any advice greatly welcomed please
terry

PKJacker

Re: 2 Conflicting issues with WILD :-/

Postby PKJacker » 20 Apr 2015 03:49

Sorry to not be able to provide straight answers, but most of what you're asking needs to be discovered by you through trial and error.

I dont understand the advantage of getting out of bed for 30 mins before trying to wild. Would it not make sense to wild straight away when sleep is closer and the body relaxed?

When you get up and do something for a bit, you'll wake up your mind and make it easier to enter a dream lucid.
Personally I used to just literally open my eyes, see my room, then close them right away to enter the dream, I found it easier to do then waiting before trying to dream.
Now I find that impossible to do, so I can say for certain that experiences will vary for each person, again trial and error.

Lastly, when should i mantra? should i repeated phrases such as ' i am dreaming' throughout the whole WILD process or should i let go at some point

You should kind of feel when the mantra doesn't need to be said anymore.
Three steps from bliss.

Return to “For Beginners”