conflicting WILD advice :-/ Heeelpp!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ezzolucid

conflicting WILD advice :-/ Heeelpp!

Postby ezzolucid » 19 Apr 2015 21:30

Hi everyone, still trying to get my first WILD but however much I read I get conflictions in techniques

The first is about how and when to interact with hypnogogia. Last night i started getting brief dream scenes for a few secondfs at a time whilst on the edge of becoming unconcious and didnt know whether to start exploring the in detail to hopefully bring me right into the dream or to continu observing it whilst mantra'ing 'i am dreaming'. Some advice says not in interact with hypnogogia but to simply observe it instead. confused :?

Also, when waking after 5 hours should i then begin wild immediately or get up for a while. I dont understand the advantage of getting out of bed for 30 mins before trying to wild. Would it not make sense to wild straight away when sleep is closer and the body relaxed? Why get up only to have to relax again 30 mins after? Im probably missing something obvious here but i am a newbie so please be patient

Lastly, when should i mantra? should i repeated phrases such as ' i am dreaming' throughout the whole WILD process or should i let go at some point

Its really frustrating as i keep waking in the morning with several non lucid dreams, i must have fallen asleep at some point when i tried to remain conscious

any advice greatly welcomed please
terry :?:

Snaggle

Re: conflicting WILD advice :-/ Heeelpp!

Postby Snaggle » 20 Apr 2015 04:17

The first is about how and when to interact with hypnogogia. Last night i started getting brief dream scenes for a few seconds at a time whilst on the edge of becoming unconscious and didn't know whether to start exploring the in detail to hopefully bring me right into the dream or to continue observing it whilst mantra'ing 'i am dreaming'. Some advice says not in interact with hypnogogia but to simply observe it instead. confused

Since you're just starting to experience hypnagogia and your goal is to go deeper into the WILD state interacting with them might either stick you in them or wake you up altogether. If you were experienced in WILDs interacting with hypnagogia would be fine. Dream control can be used on hypnagogia as they're just dreams and even without using any control hypnagogia can be both fun and interesting.

Lastly, when should i mantra? should i repeated phrases such as ' i am dreaming' throughout the whole WILD process or should i let go at some point

Mantras are just a tool to remain alert and conscious as the WILD happens, they have no value besides that and can be a distraction from WILDing. If you know you're dreaming it's a dumb question to ask "Am I dreaming".

Its really frustrating as i keep waking in the morning with several non lucid dreams, i must have fallen asleep at some point when i tried to remain conscious

Yes you did; there are other methods than the Wake Back to Bed Method you're trying, so why not try the DILD method and become lucid in your normal dreams?
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Re: conflicting WILD advice :-/ Heeelpp!

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Apr 2015 15:44

ezzolucid wrote:The first is about how and when to interact with hypnogogia. Last night i started getting brief dream scenes for a few secondfs at a time whilst on the edge of becoming unconcious and didnt know whether to start exploring the in detail to hopefully bring me right into the dream or to continu observing it whilst mantra'ing 'i am dreaming'. Some advice says not in interact with hypnogogia but to simply observe it instead. confused :?

I personally at times have used mantras as long as I can or just till the time it feels right to stop. It depends on the person.

Same the conflicting hypnagogia advice. That too depends on the individual, you need to try both ways and find out which works for you, if trying to interact with images helps or if its better for you to just keep observing it. There can be for an individual also a certain point to change to doing the other eg if you try to interact with hypnagogia too early, you could find may find yourself loosing it.

Sorry no-one can tell you what will be best for you, you need to experiment and find out for yourself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”