Strange situation

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
tblz

Strange situation

Postby tblz » 20 Apr 2015 21:48

Yesterday i fell asleep repeating to myself: today i will have a lucid dream. When i finally fell asleep (3 hours later exactly) I dreamed that I was in my living room and a figure of a monster or something appeared, and i thought that it was a lucid dream so it disappears, then I tried to appear a girl and suddenly I had a false awakening where I wrote my dream and i was happy because i believed that i had a lucid dream. Now, the point it's that I didnt feel it very real and it was really unclear. So, perhaps i only dreamed that i was having a lucid dream or maybe it was a very low level of lucidity. What is your opinion about that? It was a lucid dream? Or i only imagined that i was having one? :?:

PS: today i will try to do it again, and i will tell you what happens. :D

DataTunnel

Re: Strange situation

Postby DataTunnel » 20 Apr 2015 23:29

tblz wrote:...suddenly I had a false awakening where I wrote my dream and i was happy because i believed that i had a lucid dream. Now, the point it's that I didnt feel it very real and it was really unclear. So, perhaps i only dreamed that i was having a lucid dream or maybe it was a very low level of lucidity. What is your opinion about that? It was a lucid dream? Or i only imagined that i was having one? :?:

I'm not entirely sure that you can have a "fake" lucid dream. I think if you're in a dream, and you have a feeling you're dreaming, that's the beginning of a lucid dream, period.

It is an interesting thought to ponder though, whether someone can have a non-lucid dream in which they're DREAMING that they're having a lucid dream. I read a quote somewhere from a scientist who didn't believe lucid dreaming was possible. He claimed that every time you think you're lucid dreaming, you're actually just having an uncontrolled dream about controlling a lucid dream. As far as I am concerned, this is NOT the case at all, but at the same time, I can't refute it. :shock:

Anyway, onto your issue of the false awakenings. Personally, false awakenings happen to me all the time when I have lucid dreams and it can make things very confusing. Just because you have a false awakening after your lucid dream, doesn't mean that you weren't lucid in the first place.

I think you had a very low level lucid experience and the false awakening confused you out of it. I don't think you were dreaming falsely about a lucid experience. For example, I've even had a lucid dream, woke up in a false awakening, and then turned THAT false awakening dream into a lucid dream, so I don't think you were falsely lucid. Again though, dreams are super tricky- anythings possible.

You had said the dream was very unclear, but that's natural. My first few lucid dreams were super vague and foggy. Look up some "lucid dream stabilization techniques", these will help you with the vagueness of your lucid dreams.

The fact that you had even a small amount of lucidity during your dream means that you're doing something right. Keep doing what you're doing, keep writing down your dreams. It seems like you're on the right track!

tblz

Postby tblz » 20 Apr 2015 23:35

DataTunnel wrote:
tblz wrote:...suddenly I had a false awakening where I wrote my dream and i was happy because i believed that i had a lucid dream. Now, the point it's that I didnt feel it very real and it was really unclear. So, perhaps i only dreamed that i was having a lucid dream or maybe it was a very low level of lucidity. What is your opinion about that? It was a lucid dream? Or i only imagined that i was having one? :?:

I'm not entirely sure that you can have a "fake" lucid dream. I think if you're in a dream, and you have a feeling you're dreaming, that's the beginning of a lucid dream, period.

It is an interesting thought to ponder though, whether someone can have a non-lucid dream in which they're DREAMING that they're having a lucid dream. I read a quote somewhere from a scientist who didn't believe lucid dreaming was possible. He claimed that every time you think you're lucid dreaming, you're actually just having an uncontrolled dream about controlling a lucid dream. As far as I am concerned, this is NOT the case at all, but at the same time, I can't refute it. :shock:

Anyway, onto your issue of the false awakenings. Personally, false awakenings happen to me all the time when I have lucid dreams and it can make things very confusing. Just because you have a false awakening after your lucid dream, doesn't mean that you weren't lucid in the first place.

I think you had a very low level lucid experience and the false awakening confused you out of it. I don't think you were dreaming falsely about a lucid experience. For example, I've even had a lucid dream, woke up in a false awakening, and then turned THAT false awakening dream into a lucid dream, so I don't think you were falsely lucid. Again though, dreams are super tricky- anythings possible.

You had said the dream was very unclear, but that's natural. My first few lucid dreams were super vague and foggy. Look up some "lucid dream stabilization techniques", these will help you with the vagueness of your lucid dreams.

The fact that you had even a small amount of lucidity during your dream means that you're doing something right. Keep doing what you're doing, keep writing down your dreams. It seems like you're on the right track!

Really thanks you for answer, you said a lot of helpful things to me.
Good luck!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Apr 2015 14:59

Try next time thinking your lucid dream into becoming clearer IF it happens again. eg one way you could do that is to pull some glass out your pocket and put them on.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”