Has anyone here ever used this supplement of galantamine?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Viator

Postby Viator » 20 Apr 2015 23:23

http://www.amazon.com/Build-Your-Own-Blend-Supplements/dp/B007769QZK/ref=sr_1_17?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429568246&sr=1-17&keywords=galantamine

Because I’m thinking about buying it, but for what I have heard some supplement companies are not trustworthy and neither are the reviews on amazon. Do you think I could buy this one or should I choose another brand?

I know that galantamine could actually not work for me but I don’t want it to happen because of the company I bought from.

I already tried calea zacatechichi and it didn’t have any effect on me. I have heard of drugs like donepezil and other herbs like celastrus paniculada and silene capensis but according to a few articles I read around the web galantamine is the most effective lucid dream aid so I intend to use it.

son of shennong

Re: Has anyone here ever used this supplement of galantamine

Postby son of shennong » 21 Apr 2015 00:30

Viator wrote:Has anyone here ever used this supplement of galantamine?
http://www.amazon.com/Build-Your-Own-Blend-Supplements/dp/B007769QZK/ref=sr_1_17?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429568246&sr=1-17&keywords=galantamine

Because I’m thinking about buying it, but for what I have heard some supplement companies are not trustworthy and neither are the reviews on amazon. Do you think I could buy this one or should I choose another brand?

I know that galantamine could actually not work for me but I don’t want it to happen because of the company I bought from.

I already tried calea zacatechichi and it didn’t have any effect on me. I have heard of drugs like donepezil and other herbs like celastrus paniculada and silene capensis but according to a few articles I read around the web galantamine is the most effective lucid dream aid so I intend to use it.

I use galantamine once or twice a week as part of my stack. Have been using it for over a month & will continue to use it. I don't use it more than that because of tolerance issues (use it everyday & your body might adapt to it, then less of an effect), altho Alzheimer's pts take it regularly, I believe, & in higher doses than what I take.
Look up its mode of action. Speaking off the top of my head, so don't quote me & look it up for yourself, I believe it keeps the acetylcholine in your brain synapses from breaking down too quickly, hence its effectiveness as an aid in dreaming while asleeep & thinking while awake.
For me, I like to take it in the middle of the night between 2 & 3 as it can make initially falling asleep more difficult.
Used silene capensis once or twice, but too difficult to prepare & the roots I got were tiny.
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

Viator

Postby Viator » 25 Apr 2015 20:05

What I was actually asking about was what brands are the best. Could you tell me what brand you usually buy from?

I google this build your own blend supplement company and they don’t even seem to have a website and I saw a few complaints from who bought supplements from this company. Now I’m thinking now about purchasing this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Antaeus-Labs-GALANTAMINE-Modular-Series/dp/B00TSR3ONQ/ref=sr_1_28?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429987368&sr=1-28&keywords=galantamine

From Antaeus Labs. I found a website saying it's a good brand, but I want more opinions, I want to be sure I'm purchasing it from a trustworthy company. Has anyone here ever used it?

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 26 Apr 2015 16:28

Viator wrote:What I was actually asking about was what brands are the best. Could you tell me what brand you usually buy from?

I google this build your own blend supplement company and they don’t even seem to have a website and I saw a few complaints from who bought supplements from this company. Now I’m thinking now about purchasing this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Antaeus-Labs-GALANTAMINE-Modular-Series/dp/B00TSR3ONQ/ref=sr_1_28?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429987368&sr=1-28&keywords=galantamine

From Antaeus Labs. I found a website saying it's a good brand, but I want more opinions, I want to be sure I'm purchasing it from a trustworthy company. Has anyone here ever used it?

Viator;
You are wise to be concerned about the quality of chemicals you are putting into your body/brain.
Regarding the brand I use, I bought Life Enhancement Galantamind
http://www.life-enhancement.com/shop/product/gm-galantamind
As far as my way of thinking now, it seems a bit pricey, but like u, quality is a big concern of mine. Each capsule contains 8 mg galantamine, 100 mg B5, & 200 mg choline.

If I was going to buy again, I might buy from this source:
http://www.powdercity.com/products/galantamine-supplement-capsules

I have bought supplements from them several times in the past. Presently, I am satisfied w both their quality & price.
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 15 May 2015 16:37

I am here to warn you of a possible side effect. I ordered Galantamine in January and despite some initial partial success, the costs were greater. In fact, I don't even know if my brief moments of lucidity, or sleep paralysis or dream vividness was caused by the Galantamine or the sleep deprivation that resulted from it.

After taking it only a few times (spaced a few days apart) I then suffered my first (and worst) stretch of insomnia in several years of wonderful sleeping. It took a couple months of stopping all attempts to LD (even through meditation or wanting to get it), and had to go through many drugs to cure the insomnia, including prescribed Ambien.

So be careful. It might give you an LD. But it MIGHT also just give you weird dreams or terrifying SP. It MIGHT just make you unable to fall asleep that night. It MAY cause you to spiral into a month-long bout of insomnia.

Just thought I'd warn you. Wish I had a similar warning when I first tried it!

(After a few weeks of good sleep I did try it once again - feeling brave! - but all it did was make me unable to fall asleep again, but I planned it so I had already slept 5 hours or so. I did slip in and out of sleep but dreamed nothing approaching vivid, SP or LD. First one was me in a loft where football players were doing some kind of dancing in pajamas. I was against a padded/gym wall and for a moment thought I might be pressed into it by SP forces. But the music stopped and so did the dancers, and the music ended on some funny last notes, like flatulent brass tones each trying to be the final note. Later I dreamed that I was sleeping lying on a large dog - and I have a cat! - realizing simultaneously how nice and clean it was but also calm and comfortable. I often have dreams-within-dreams or dream I am going to sleep within my dream when I do this stuff. LUCKILY I slept fine the following night, so I didn't have a relapse.)

* The night I had my best results on Galantamine involved a couple false awakenings and falling asleep in my dream. One dream was vivid and quite violent, with an assassin killing two kids, then vanishing through a hole in a garage door, then father appeared and emotionally reached through hole and drug in a pile of cloth which now had... a baby in it.... which in his immense grief and anger began hitting with a hammer! I watched on as if viewing a movie, but still horrified, making the comment "wow, they are really crossing the line with this stuff."

Later I had a brief episode of SP. I was in a room with a high mirror. I tried to look at myself in it but had to stand on my toes, which took great effort. First attempt let me see the top of a head which didn't look like mine (crazy hair), and trying again I was greeted by a deformed face, like a cross between Andre the Giant from Princess Bride and Eric Stoltz in the movie Mask. It looked back at me blankly, is if no intelligence, but also not threatening - however, I was disturbed a bit and suddenly I started hearing this long, low, steady sound that was a combination of a growl with a strained gurgling/groaning sound. I wasn't sure if it was coming from the creature in the mirror or my own throat, and suddenly I found myself instinctively wanting to "snap out" of it (thus ending possibility to have a proper LD) and initially encountered a few seconds of "fear" where I was "stuck" in position and asleep, and the adrenaline made me put more effort into the struggle and I was suddenly out of it. That was my first SP episode in decades.

Limeth

Postby Limeth » 16 May 2015 15:25

Good to know, atrovineyard. Today I've had my third galantamine pill (lucidimine) and couldn't fall back to sleep after taking it - same experience as the first time. The second time, I managed to fall asleep after 2 hours of being awake. I don't think what keeps me up is the supplement, if I managed to fall asleep before it kicked in, I believe I would have a great night.

The problem is, I wasn't able to because of how excited I was about it. After waking up to take the supplement, whenever I think about its effects and that it actually alters the state of mind, a rush of adrenaline occurs and I basically lie there with a high heart rate. As you can imagine, once this happens (and has always happened to me), it's almost impossible to fall asleep.

I need to learn to meditate properly and free my mind of thoughts about what I've just ingested.
Throwing away your dreams means throwing away 20% of your life.

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 18 May 2015 17:54

I think that is my exact problem too! It is just hard to separate the effects of the drug from your own mind, especially when a known side effect is sleeplessness.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”