It was a Lucid Dream!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dream Scout

It was a Lucid Dream!

Postby Dream Scout » 22 Apr 2015 06:37

Okay, third time I have to write this all down. Now I'm going to write this as short as I can. Details will come later, had no time, the site chrashed twice.

I dreamt of a strange situation. I did an RC, it worked. I told my family and convinced them. I tried to spawn some stuff. The first two is normally in 2D and transformed into 3D in a weird form. But they spawned. The next two did'nt spawn.

EDIT: And now, the details. In the dream, I was with my family in my house. I was watching TV and suddenly I peed in my pants.I went to the bathroom where I thought that this was a weird situation. I counted my fingers and I had 12. I was happy and knew I was in a dream. I told my family that this was all a dream, but they wouldn't. They were quite angry about it. I then told my dad to count his fingers. They were nine. They believed me but they didn't want to. But my brother was superhappy about it. I then tried to spawn a character from a cartoon. At first I thought of another character so they both spawned, but messed-up in 3D. Then I wanted to eat cookies so I thought of two girl scouts selling cookies were cpming to our door. But they didn't show up. Then I tried to spawn another cartoon character. It didn't work either. The dream stopped somewhere there and I jumped into another.

Was this a lucid dream? I think that it was a little more vivid than normal dreams. And I remember everything of it.

Reply quickly!

[ Post made via Dreamdroid ] Image
Last edited by Dream Scout on 23 Apr 2015 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
First Lucid Dream Birthday: April 22
Number of Lucid Dreams: 2

oneironaut.ld

Re: Was this a Lucid Dream?

Postby oneironaut.ld » 22 Apr 2015 20:03

It sounds like a lucid dream to me :) what technique did you use to induce this?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 22 Apr 2015 20:33

oneironaut.ld wrote:It sounds like a lucid dream to me :) what technique did you use to induce this?

I feel like it may have been a dream about a lucid dream. But I may just be scared of the thought. I hope it was.

At school and home, when I got nothing to do, I sometimes read at this website. I read a reader article that told me to be calm. I tried to be calm, thinking that it has gone more than 21 days, no pressure. When I was in bed I thought of a mantra that I don't remember. The same day, I think, I started with the counting fingers RC.

But I'm afraid it was all a normal dream! I recently had a kind of nightmare. In that dream I was irritating (or how it's spelled) and said that I wanted a lucid dream so much. That's the only thing I said in the dream. It was a nightmare because if I just did an RC I would have been in a lucid dream. So my mind maybe gave me a good dream about lucid dreaming. But it felt different, I think. Maybe I'm not 100% sure because of my fear of not having a lucid dream.

I don't know. I guess it may have been. If at least somebody else says that it probably was, then I will believe. If that person is a lucid dreamer. Well it's soon ten at night so I will sleep and hope for another.

oneironaut.ld

Postby oneironaut.ld » 22 Apr 2015 20:43

Well, you were able to control yourself. You did become aware of the fact that you were dreaming. And you did a RC. And from your description of the dream, I'm sure it was a LD! My first took about 16 days, and it was a DILD. At first, I too thought I was just dreaming about a lucid dream. But after looking into it, I knew it was a LD. It started off like a normal dream. I was in my house, and everything suddenly become very clear. It was weird because nothing happened to trigger the clarity, I was just standing in my hallway. I got the urge to move my head, and I could! That's when I knew I was lucid dreaming. I continued through the dream, trying to fly and run at high speeds. I couldn't fly, but I could jump pretty high. And I "ran at the speed of thought" :) it was really amazing. Sadly, it only lasted about 30 seconds before I woke up XD but keep trying. Experiment with different techniques and find the one that works best for you! Good luck!

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 23 Apr 2015 05:48

oneironaut.ld wrote:Well, you were able to control yourself. You did become aware of the fact that you were dreaming. And you did a RC. And from your description of the dream, I'm sure it was a LD! My first took about 16 days, and it was a DILD. At first, I too thought I was just dreaming about a lucid dream. But after looking into it, I knew it was a LD. It started off like a normal dream. I was in my house, and everything suddenly become very clear. It was weird because nothing happened to trigger the clarity, I was just standing in my hallway. I got the urge to move my head, and I could! That's when I knew I was lucid dreaming. I continued through the dream, trying to fly and run at high speeds. I couldn't fly, but I could jump pretty high. And I "ran at the speed of thought" :) it was really amazing. Sadly, it only lasted about 30 seconds before I woke up XD but keep trying. Experiment with different techniques and find the one that works best for you! Good luck!

Thank you! Okay, now I believe that it was a lucid dream.
I will never forget April 22. (The day I had my first lucid dream, but doubting through the day to finally know that it was.)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2015 15:49

If you weren't aware that your family were only dream characters while you were telling them all this, means it would of had to have been a very low level of lucidity dream.

It is possible to dream one is having a lucid dream when one really is missing lucid awareness and not truly lucid. I do think though in this dream you probably did have some lucidity due to the way you noticed something weird with the peeing pants thing so you started questioning reality at that point (that was the point you actually started becoming aware you may be dreaming)... to which then caused you to reality check.

And though you may of programmed yourself to do reality checks and that could happen without any real awareness, Im sure you didn't specifically program yourself to start questioning a dream on peeing your pants. :lol:
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 23 Apr 2015 16:06

If you weren't aware that your family were only dream characters while you were telling them all this, means it would of had to have been a very low level of lucidity dream.

I think I just wanted to see their reactions, but I quickly forgot that they were only dream characters. Everything went so fast. I forgot so many things during the dream. I think I was very focused on what was happening, not on what happened.

It is possible to dream one is having a lucid dream when one really is missing lucid awareness and not truly lucid. I do think though in this dream you probably did have some lucidity due to the way you noticed something weird with the peeing pants thing so you started questioning reality at that point (that was the point you actually started becoming aware you may be dreaming)... to which then caused you to reality check.

I recently started doing reality checks, first I had to program myself to dream in first person. When I reality check I usually try to get two fingers through the other hand. I just did the finger counting thing like three times the day before the lucid dream. I can't program myself that fast.

And though you may of programmed yourself to do reality checks and that could happen without any real awareness, Im sure you didn't specifically program yourself to start questioning a dream on peeing your pants. :lol:

No, I did not specifically program myself that, I'm pretty sure. I now think that the thing I wrote before the quote was supposed to be here maybe...

Return to “For Beginners”