MILD for beginers

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
flashlee

MILD for beginers

Postby flashlee » 24 Apr 2015 10:20

Hello to everyone.
Im beginner at lucid dreaming. I started reality checking and training of recalling dreams month ago.
For all this time I had only one lucid dream. Im bad at recalling dreams and its hard for me to remember my dreams.
Few days ago I decided to try MILD method. But still no results. And I cant catch that moment for visualization when Im starting to fall asleep...
Maybe its too early for me to use MILD method?? Or I can continue to train this method?
Thank you for answers. And sorry for my terrible english.

Leond

Re: MILD for beginers

Postby Leond » 25 Apr 2015 18:49

If you have only started a month ago and have already had a lucid dream that is pretty good in my mind. I would keep at it and make the Mnemonics a habit in your everyday life and you might start to notice you are having more lucid dreams. It takes about 21 days to form a habit so keep it up and it will just become second nature to do your reality checks and Mnemonics.

Have you started keeping a dream journal yet?
That is really important especially if you find that you have problems remembering your dreams.

flashlee

Postby flashlee » 25 Apr 2015 20:03

Leond wrote:Have you started keeping a dream journal yet?

I started keeping dream journal at first day, when i heard about lucid dreaming. So month ago too.
Also I tried a meditation week ago. And keep training till now. Not everyday, but if I have 10-20 free minutes I go to meditate.
Yesterday before sleeping I said to myself "I`ll remember all dreams". Then I started MILD method. In morning I just opened eyes and realized that there is no any dream in my memory =( And I can`t understand what the problem.
Thank you for your reply. =)

Leond

Postby Leond » 25 Apr 2015 20:17

One of my biggest problems is remembering my dreams as well. You might want to look into binaural beats if you haven't already. I have been experimenting with them recently and have been able to get some interesting results where I have had what is similar to a lucid dream while still being partly awake. I would also keep meditating as a lot of the people I have talked to about lucid dreaming have found that meditating has helped them.

JassieKaren

Postby JassieKaren » 29 Apr 2015 12:41

When I first tried lucid dreaming I too thought all hope was gone when I still didn't have a lucid after a few months of using the MILD technique, keeping a record in my dream journal and even meditating a little, I was losing determination. However I didn't give up, although, I admit, i did slack off a bit in the dream journal part :roll: I continued with my reality checks, and recently I tried writing numbers on my fingertips to remind me to do reality checks and although it does sound a little silly, It totally worked for me, I had my first lucid dream (or at least thats what I recall) just yesterday. ;) So don't give up because your dream will come anytime soon.
Dare to Explore. Even in your wildest dreams.

pyralis21

Postby pyralis21 » 11 May 2015 15:39

i tryed mild and far as i got was body was hot then its went numb and cold heart rate went down and was seeing lights tho the blinds even tho my eye where shut i cant seem to get past that last stage mabey my mind dosent like to shut off not sure any advice would really help thank you.

ps: my dream recall very good i can remember my dreams in full detail and i also keep a dream jurnal and do reailty checks

Return to “For Beginners”