Weird sleep behaviour

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Chap

Weird sleep behaviour

Postby Chap » 24 Apr 2015 10:33

Hello, I was looking for some help on something. What is it when you wake up and move around, but you are not actually awake. Its a different type of awareness, but I know I am up and moving and reacting to things. I normally am sat up, staring at my room, but other times I move around. Some times I am aware of something else in the room with me, I think just being there. A few times I have had the sense that I've been communicating with whatever it was, but I become more awake and it stops.
I also have a separate memory box as it were, where when im in this state, I remember other nights of the same, things I've done. Its only occasionally that I remember that I've been up the next morning. Then it all comes back to me.
This happens most after I've been meditating just before sleep and I confess that it puts me off a little. I kind of enjoy it but also am kind of freaked out, because I feel there are two of me.. And I dont understand it.

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chap

dreamwizard

Re: Weird sleep behaviour

Postby dreamwizard » 24 Apr 2015 20:59

hello,my name is Derek.
I've been having weird sleep occurrences since i was a kid(im 30 now).
Are you able to view yourself? or are you aware that your lying there as its happening?
I think what you are experiencing is a limbo state where you're right on the verge of something but cant quite breakthrough. It's possible you're scared or some environmental factor is holding you back,but i think if you focus on Why? or What? too much you lose the state of mind. So next time if you can,just go with the flow and see what happens. More detail on what it is you are experiencing would help.
http://www.luciddreaminfo.com

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 25 Apr 2015 01:03

Hello, I was looking for some help on something. What is it when you wake up and move around, but you are not actually awake. Its a different type of awareness, but I know I am up and moving and reacting to things. I normally am sat up, staring at my room, but other times I move around. Some times I am aware of something else in the room with me, I think just being there. A few times I have had the sense that I've been communicating with whatever it was, but I become more awake and it stops.

This is a False Awakening. they're very commonplace amongst lucid dreamers.

I also have a separate memory box as it were, where when im in this state, I remember other nights of the same, things I've done. Its only occasionally that I remember that I've been up the next morning. Then it all comes back to me.

This is unusual and interesting.

This happens most after I've been meditating just before sleep and I confess that it puts me off a little. I kind of enjoy it but also am kind of freaked out, because I feel there are two of me.. And I dont understand it.

Normal consciousness is an illusion. The illusion is beginning to crack for you, if it does you'll know what consciousness really is.
As for the more limited consciousness one can have in dreams, here are some examples:

#1 One can be both the pet and the person petting and interacting with it. One is perceiving, thinking and feeling separately in both bodies at the same time.

#2 One can be both the woman one is having sex with and yourself having sex with her all as in #1.

#3 One can be fully conscious and lucid in a pleasant dream and be screaming in pain in the real world.

#4 One can be both incarnate and disincarnate at the same time.

#5 One can enter a "dream library" with dozen or even hundreds of dreams running and pick the one one enters.

#6 One can be asleep and holding intelligent conservations with those in the real world without knowing about them at all. Edgar Cayce smeg.

#7 As #6 but one is aware of the other consciousness having the conservation without being able to understand what it is saying.

#8 One can mind link with a character initially completely separate and communicate telepathically.

#9 One can be told real thing that one did not know, be shown real people one does not know or know of and the same for places.

#10 One can possess Dream Characters and experience everything as them while in their body; though I've once in my life time had one throw me out of her body -I was very shocked that she actually had a will separate from mine.

#11 One can have dreams in languages one does not know well enough to speak them or have dreams at a higher level of fluency than one has, or dreams in a language one has forgotten.

#12 One can read whole books, that are both original and in a different language.

#13 While in HI I opened dream eyes and saw through them and moved around with out hitting anything even seeing and avoiding stepping on my cat who I was ignorant of where is was.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Chap

Postby Chap » 25 Apr 2015 08:51

dreamwizard wrote:hello,my name is Derek.
I've been having weird sleep occurrences since i was a kid(im 30 now).
Are you able to view yourself? or are you aware that your lying there as its happening?
I think what you are experiencing is a limbo state where you're right on the verge of something but cant quite breakthrough. It's possible you're scared or some environmental factor is holding you back,but i think if you focus on Why? or What? too much you lose the state of mind. So next time if you can,just go with the flow and see what happens. More detail on what it is you are experiencing would help.

Hi Derek, im new to this whole forum-ing thing, so not sure how this reply will come out!
I have "woken up" and looked down on myself, then walked around the room and then re-entered myself, but that doesnt happen often.
I think I do focus on the what, because I spent a lot of youth scared of the dark, so having something going on in my room still worries me. But I am not afraid in the state, just aware. I do try and go with the flow, but it seems that as soon as my usual self is aware that something is going on, my sleep self pulls away and tells me to lie back down. These are the nights I dont go with the flow. As I said before though, when I am not aware the next morning that ive had this experience, but remember it the next time, in those moments, I have fully let go. Hard to explain..
As for other details, my sleep self seems fond of mirrors. I spent some time with a mirror placed behind me, and I would come to, as it were, just sat cross legged in front of it, looking into my own eyes. This was probably the freakiest of times, because I could just see the shining of my dark eyes. Other times I have gone looking for mirrors to look into, in the same fashion.
I also move things around my room as well as walk around the house.
Thanks for the help

Chap

Postby Chap » 25 Apr 2015 09:01

Hi Snaggle
So yes, I false awake (?!) all the time, especially when I was still in school, but this is not that I dont think. I am a heavy sleepwalker and move things around my room, but I see the things as separate. I sleepwalk and talk, but that isnt the same as what I do here. What I do in this situation, I have evidence of in the mornings, when I remember ive been up and about. But its different from sleepwalking, as I say, because I can feel a difference in consciousness, which is why I say I feel there are two of me. And that that person has his own evening memories. When im sleepwalking, that is all me, and people have many times woken me up or told me to go back to bed.
And yup, ive done a few of those things you describe, some of them are just normal lucid dreams though for me.
Thanks

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2015 11:51

Snaggle wrote:As for the more limited consciousness one can have in dreams, here are some examples:

#1 One can be both the pet and the person petting and interacting with it. One is perceiving, thinking and feeling separately in both bodies at the same time.

#2 One can be both the woman one is having sex with and yourself having sex with her all as in #1.

#3 One can be fully conscious and lucid in a pleasant dream and be screaming in pain in the real world.

#4 One can be both incarnate and disincarnate at the same time.

#5 One can enter a "dream library" with dozen or even hundreds of dreams running and pick the one one enters.

#6 One can be asleep and holding intelligent conservations with those in the real world without knowing about them at all. Edgar Cayce smeg.

#7 As #6 but one is aware of the other consciousness having the conservation without being able to understand what it is saying.

#8 One can mind link with a character initially completely separate and communicate telepathically.

#9 One can be told real thing that one did not know, be shown real people one does not know or know of and the same for places.

#10 One can possess Dream Characters and experience everything as them while in their body; though I've once in my life time had one throw me out of her body -I was very shocked that she actually had a will separate from mine.

#11 One can have dreams in languages one does not know well enough to speak them or have dreams at a higher level of fluency than one has, or dreams in a language one has forgotten.

#12 One can read whole books, that are both original and in a different language.

#13 While in HI I opened dream eyes and saw through them and moved around with out hitting anything even seeing and avoiding stepping on my cat who I was ignorant of where is was.

There is something missing on that list which I've experienced so I'll add another.

14. One can be having two completely "separate dreams" or more at the same time in completely unrelated locations. (so this isn't like number #1 with the cat dream as the cat dream was in the same dream just coming from a different view of the dream).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2015 12:02

I get this too on occasions. Getting back into the same state I was in in the past can bring in the lost memories.

It sounds like you are either having false awakenings or OBEs.

I myself found that doing my meditations before bed are more likely to set off OBEs. I'd came back in body and suddenly like wake up (or just before and that would make me hit down in my body), with a vague awareness of what I'd been up too or just remembering the part only just before I awoke but clearly knowing I'd been elsewhere.

If I get into the same state again, I still carry the memories and can pick more up (Im not sure if this is only for my OBEs or if my dreams can be like that too, I haven't noticed it with my dreams but only with the more rarer OBES I have). I've come to think of it as probably being energy/info downloading at a certain frequency.

In my case when I've been "out" somewhere (out of my home) in this state without me trying to do it, others have been involved, its like I astrally joined them. (Interestingly it seems to be when Im working with a group of angels, we work on different aspects around this planet

eg one time we were sending energy to a prision, another time we were like off planet and as group sending energy to this planet, another time we were catching entities and like sending them back where they should be.. that one I freaked at as I come too with an struggling entity in my arms in the OBE and got all confused and didn't know what we were doing with it as my knowledge like dropped out when my human brain entered into the OBE).

Ive stopped having these experiences (Im an angel who works with a group??) and OBEs since I've stopped working spiritually on myself. (interestingly I don't get reincurring DCs in my lucid dreams except those I actually know in real life but with the OBEs, an angel group was consistant. I got a very strong feeling I was doing this far more then I was aware of).

The fact you know you were talking to someone interests me and makes me wonder if that person/being could be real ... (of cause it may though just be a DC too).

Chap

Postby Chap » 07 May 2015 06:38

I cant say ive ever had two separate dreams at the same time, thats pretty cool!

@taniaaust1
Im not sure on the exact definition of OBE, but I feel that I have done that as a separate thing also, although only once that I remember. For me, it was in a room I was sharing and I got up and walked to the other beds in the room, looking down at the faces. Then I came back to my own and looked down at my own sleeping face, then rejoined my body. It was a very peaceful experience and I wish I had those more.
I do think I have memories in dreams also though, but only occasionally and I cant think of an example atm.
I like that though, about it being a certain energy frequency, that makes sense to me :)

Those are some pretty amazing, I dont know what to call it, experiences (?). Do they not unsettle you a little though? What do you think of them?
Why have you stopped working spiritually on yourself? What made you stop? Isnt it good? But I also only have real life DCs in my dreams, no other recurring character. Which links on to my talking point, I dont ever know who I am talking to, so they arent from my everyday life.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 May 2015 13:14

Chap wrote: Those are some pretty amazing, I dont know what to call it, experiences (?). Do they not unsettle you a little though? What do you think of them?

Yeah a little unsettling as it was like my human mind had just suddenly dropped into somewhere I wasn't supposed to be and took over (as the other beings were busy doing important stuff it wasn't like I could go up and ask them about things ..so for me it was a case of "oh shit what do I do" .. this always ended up making me hit back to body).

Why have you stopped working spiritually on yourself? What made you stop? Isnt it good?

Lives just got too hard and taken over.. AND I become so spiritual that began to think it doesnt really matter. Time doesn't exist anyway, maybe all paths just exist at once? and does even good or bad matter or are they just different states of experiencing? Good/Bad is just a judgement call thing, should we even be judging? Many spiritual beliefs say not to judge others or you will yourself be judged. Maybe on a very very high level there is nothing truly wrong... are we all just God having an experience no matter what we do?

I think in terms of beingness and just being.. and maybe nothing else matters. So hence I lost my motivation to be spiritual and instead have gone into the pits :lol: . Anyway, its like my mind is in two completely different views of belief and thought. Both possibly correct on two different levels. Im just a vessel for spirit.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jun 2015 02:04

I am starting to get tired of the "consciousness isn't what it seems" argument. That consciousness somehow is an illusion. If you feel that to be conscious is to have a soul, than yes, you are mistaken in my opinion. But if you are a hard-nosed materialist, and for you consciousness is simply a poorly understood phenomenon which is somehow generated by physical processes, then it is hardly an illusion. What does consciousness seem like? It seems like nothing because it is unique and hard to describe. What is it like to be conscious? It is like being conscious! We are aware of something; there is no mistake here.

Consciousness is a mysterious property that precedes the emergence of the waking ego or "I." And then "I" can adopt many identities -- some poorly constructed as in dreams. The ego is nothing but a mental concept, a convoluted thought-form which appears to be an eternal soul, or an observer who authors thoughts, controls the body, and possesses free will. Therein lies the illusion -- the user illusion. The "I," as an independent entity that hides behind your eyes, does not exist. It is merely a sense of self, an elaborate and persistent concept of identification which can be broken or twisted. The truth is that there is no obverver, and everything that arises in consciousness -- the observed -- is just a collection of emergent mental concepts that disappear as quickly as they come in the field of pristine awareness.

This naked awareness, devoid of any concepts including the self, is consciousness in its pure form -- clear, pristine, and blissful.

Sorry for getting all anatta on you. :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”