"Sorry Iron Man, My Bad..."

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DataTunnel

"Sorry Iron Man, My Bad..."

Postby DataTunnel » 24 Apr 2015 22:03

Had a really strange and long lucid experience the other night. I'm not going to type the whole thing because it's too long and makes barely any sense, but there was one part of it that made me laugh really hard when I awoke.

I had already been lucid for what felt like hours and I was getting a little freaked out. I'd had multiple false awakenings already, which continued to freak me out because I was trying to wake myself up but every time I did I would wake up in some strange apartment around people I didn't know. Happened at least 3 times. By the third one I was actually really tripped out and scared.

There was a guy across the room sleeping on a couch every time when I would wake up. The third time I false awakened I actually screamed out of frustration and fear. The guy across the room woke up this time. He looked concerned and worried for me, but I assured him everything was okay (even though it wasn't). I decided to stop trying to wake up and just go with the flow. This is where things got really funny.

I left the apartment which lead to a grassy field. It was day time out of nowhere. I instantly looked up at the sky and saw something I was not prepared for. A red devil, horns and all, riding a motorcycle down from the sky, all the while screaming and shooting flames out of the back of the motorcycle, and he was flying on a straight trajectory towards me. At first, I was really scared, but gradually I realized how preposterous and exaggerated the image of this devil thing was, and I began laughing really hard. The devil saw that I was laughing at him and got discouraged. He stopped screaming and frowned like he was going to cry. He finally reached me and I felt bad, so I consoled him and told him everything was fine (much like I told the guy on the couch).

I was no longer scared and I was now ready to enjoy my lucidity again. I decided to do something I haven't in a very long time, and simply flew. I was flying through the sky and I saw Iron Man flying around as well. I flew up to him and inexplicably felt like I needed to apologize for something (I think I may have seen him earlier in my LD, in a portion of time that I can't quite remember, and I guess I said or did something rude) I said to him "Sorry Iron Man, my bad" even though I couldn't even remember what I was apologizing for. He gave me a thumbs up, and we continued to fly around together. I can't remember much after this.

This was probably my strangest lucid dream yet. At first I was fine, then I was terrified, and then I was cracking up over how ridiculous it all was. Really went through the full spectrum of emotions. The other strange thing was how concerned I was with my dream characters' feelings. On at least three separate occasions, I took time to make sure my dream characters were okay (assuring the guy on the couch that I was fine, consoling the devil, and apologizing to iron man).

I guess in essence I was really considering the feelings of different pieces of my subconscious. In the dream it seemed to make sense that I should be nice to my DCs, even if they were threatening like the devil, because they're really just convoluted pieces of my own imagination.

Anyway, just wanted to share this. My lucid dreams have been sort of humorous lately :mrgreen:

taniaaust1

Re: "Sorry Iron Man, My Bad..."

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2015 06:21

Funny dream with that devil about to cry.

The guy sleeping on the couch was probably representing the fact that you were still asleep.. and all the reassurances going on in this dream may have been related to the issues you had with this dream and the fact you knew you coudn't wake up like you wanted to do so was forced into having to accept it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DataTunnel

Re: "Sorry Iron Man, My Bad..."

Postby DataTunnel » 26 Apr 2015 09:27

taniaaust1 wrote:The guy sleeping on the couch was probably representing the fact that you were still asleep.. and all the reassurances going on in this dream may have been related to the issues you had with this dream and the fact you knew you coudn't wake up like you wanted to do so was forced into having to accept it.

Yeah seems that way. It was weird having a fully lucid dream, knowing the DCs were just figments of my imagination, but still feeling like I needed to consider their feelings. Like you say, I was pretty much reassuring myself (through my projected dream characters) that I was going to have to accept what was happening.

By the way, do you have any recommendations of ways to wake up from a "bad lucid dream"? Most of my LDs are extremely pleasant and interesting, but once in a while I stay in one for too long, and I feel like I'm stuck. I actually forgot 75% of the lucid experience that I'm writing about here, I think because I stayed lucid for too long and the earlier parts of the dream became distant and vague.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”