Greetings from Leond

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Leond

Greetings from Leond

Postby Leond » 25 Apr 2015 18:38

Hello

I only found out what lucid dreaming was a few years ago but I have had lucid dreams for as long as I can remember.

The first lucid dream I can remember was from a recurring nightmare I had as a kid. I eventually realized that this was a dream and then every time I had that dream I would know I was dreaming and would gain some control of the dream. I still wasn't able to make any big changes in the dream but I was able to take my own path in the dream.

The first lucid dream that I can remember where I was actually able to control the dream was 2 years ago. This was after I started looking more into lucid dreaming and started to practice totems during the day and different lucid dream techniques when going to bed. In this one I was actually able to completely clear the landscape and put myself into an open field. This field has worked as my "sandbox" ever since.

Though I still don't lucid dream on a regular basis when I do I still maintain the same level of control in my dreams so I may just not be remembering the lucid dreams that I do have.

Lately I have been experimenting with binaural beats and 'waking' lucid dreams. Not sure if there is an actual term for what I consider a waking lucid dream but basically it is a day dream that is controlled and more vivid. I have found that I am able to build and put myself into a vivid dream world without actually falling asleep by using binaural beats. I find that these 'waking' dreams are a bit easier to remember but I still have to write them down as soon as I finish a session or I will forget them like I would a regular dream.

I look forward to learning from you guys and sharing my ideas.

Foise Leond Thurrell

jasmine2

Re: Greetings from Leond

Postby jasmine2 » 26 Apr 2015 23:06

Leond,

Welcome to the forum.
I'm curious, what do you mean by - you practiced "totems" during the day. Also, which binaural-beat recordings do you prefer?

Most binaural-beat recordings that I have heard have been so monotonous that they bore me stiff and I quit listening to them, or they contain music, or "angelic choirs", or too much verbal guidance, which becomes distracting.

I like some "Hemi-Sync" binaural-beat recordings from The Monroe Institute, if they contain natural ocean wave sounds and have a subtle combination of binaural-beat and other frequencies. Limited voice guidance by Robert Monroe, on the Gateway Voyage series (expensive) is pleasant to listen to. He was the author of the popular book, "Journeys Out Of The Body."

Leond

Re: Greetings from Leond

Postby Leond » 27 Apr 2015 08:34

I guess the proper term is mnemonics. Phrases and actions I do during the day that help me realize I am dreaming while asleep.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”