ASPCA Commercial Gone Wrong... and Accidental Lucidity?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Tornadopelt

ASPCA Commercial Gone Wrong... and Accidental Lucidity?

Postby Tornadopelt » 26 Apr 2015 11:31

4/26/15, 5:19
OORAH! Two colorful, memorable dreams, one of which makes me feel like a badass and the other of which makes me feel like a madman.

I should probably explain myself on the first one. It goes like this. In the dream, Terry is seen hitting a new low in my book - he starts trying to kill cats by any means possible. That ijncludes setting fire to them. And, seeing that I love animals (and this is the equivalent of an ASPCA commercial gone horribly south), I just have to help. So, I build a ramshackle shelter for the cats in the area. It may not be pretty, but it gets the job done.

Then I end up proving myself to the cats in the area by finding Terry, knocking him the hell out, and grabbing the plank that is on fire. I run to the lake, throwing the plank in the lake to keep it from burning, and then help get the cats in the shelter. I think I may have brought it inside my house afterwards.

The second dream involves "Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This?" and, of all things, fireworks. I am in the dream, along with Lauren Wall and Jory Caron. Those two try to hide, but it's no use. I end up screaming "Happy New Year" at the top of my lungs, and I get to watch hella fireworks all over the place. It then shows a view of the area we're in as fireworks explode like no tomorrow. And I managed to actually REWIND the dream to get that result. Lucidity? Possibly... I'm going to rate that as a lucid dream anyway. You normally DON'T get to rewind dreams.

Leond

Re: ASPCA Commercial Gone Wrong... and Accidental Lucidity?

Postby Leond » 02 May 2015 17:25

Tornadopelt wrote:Lucidity? Possibly... I'm going to rate that as a lucid dream anyway. You normally DON'T get to rewind dreams.

These seemed like pretty interesting dreams but not sure about the second one being lucid.

Lucidity is being aware you are dreaming while you are dreaming where this sounds more like you kind of switched from being there to watching what was happening in a playback. I have had dreams like this where I have seen the same thing from different perspectives where they "rewinded" but most of them I wasn't lucid in and didn't consciously decide to rewind it.

Unless you knew you were dreaming and actively wanted to rewind the dream to see a different perspective I wouldn't call this a lucid dream.

On the bright side now that you have seen this happen in a dream it may be easier for you to recreate a rewind sensation in a lucid dream. At least that's how it has worked for me. Easier to recreate a scenario than create one from scratch :)

Tornadopelt

Re: ASPCA Commercial Gone Wrong... and Accidental Lucidity?

Postby Tornadopelt » 03 May 2015 02:02

I mean, I REVERSED the ENTIRE dream and CHANGED it. I could've reached lucidity without realizing it (Hey, I'm unhappy with this result, let's rewind it and change the dream from there).

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”