I didn't know

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
lostlanternoa

I didn't know

Postby lostlanternoa » 27 Apr 2015 07:47

I have recently learned that "lucid dreaming" is some sort of skill and that people seek it out. I have had these types of dreams my entire life. I'm not sure that there is any technique that really works other that the ability to stop moving and return to the dream after being woken up for a moment. The problem that I have with this is the periodic thing I like to call "waking sleep," this is when I have mentally woken up, but my body is still in the paralytic state found in sleep. This is extremely uncomfortable and the mental effort it takes to fully awake is often excessive. Does anyone have a similar problem or any tips on preventing this from happening.

Goldkoron

Re: I didn't know

Postby Goldkoron » 27 Apr 2015 08:02

lostlanternoa wrote:I have recently learned that "lucid dreaming" is some sort of skill and that people seek it out. I have had these types of dreams my entire life. I'm not sure that there is any technique that really works other that the ability to stop moving and return to the dream after being woken up for a moment. The problem that I have with this is the periodic thing I like to call "waking sleep," this is when I have mentally woken up, but my body is still in the paralytic state found in sleep. This is extremely uncomfortable and the mental effort it takes to fully awake is often excessive. Does anyone have a similar problem or any tips on preventing this from happening.

Read up on sleep paralysis, sounds like that's what you are experiencing. Welcome to the forum.
Do a reality check

Return to “Introduce Yourself”