afternoon wild troubles

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ezzolucid

afternoon wild troubles

Postby ezzolucid » 27 Apr 2015 13:54

Hi, i tried to wild this afternoon, i was fairy tired as i only had 6 hours sleep prior

I put the eye mask on and relaxed, layed still on back and ignored all rollover signals, after a while i experienced some basic HI and several 'waves' on what i can only describe as a type of g-force rush like on a rollercoaster, my hands were numb also, I started getting some 'dream snippets' and so i brought in a mantra (im dreaming) at this point otherwise i felt i would fall unconscious. I observed the HI as it wasnt too vivid.

After 1 hour i still hadnt fallen asleep

I have some questions please, what happens if i fall consciously aware into non rem sleep?

Also, what was i doing wrong this afternoon, i really prepared for this but i just felt that i was getting close but just not close enough. I was aware that my mantra may be keeping me from sleeping so i stopped the mantra and just passively focused on the HI and body sensations but still no LD

Can anyone help? pleeeeease

taniaaust1

Re: afternoon wild troubles

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Apr 2015 19:59

I have some questions please, what happens if i fall consciously aware into non rem sleep?

Also, what was i doing wrong this afternoon, i really prepared for this but i just felt that i was getting close but just not close enough. I was aware that my mantra may be keeping me from sleeping so i stopped the mantra and just passively focused on the HI and body sensations but still no LD

Its possible to dream from a non rem sleep too.

You may be focusing too hard on this and hence why you are still awake an hour later. There is a balance there which you need to find.

Did you try to go along with the feels?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ezzolucid

Postby ezzolucid » 27 Apr 2015 21:10

Hi, once i started getting the gforce type 'rush' feeling, i stopped the mantra and passively observed the physical feelings of the Hypnogogia. I remained calm but once it stopped a few seconds later i then returned to passively noticing my mantra

What i try to do is if i feel i am falling asleep then i will increase slightly the awareness of my mantra (instead of just saying 'i am dreaming' i might imagine the words also and then as i become more aware i then lessen the impact of my mantra to something i barley notice

I keep this balance hoping that i will then fall into a dream. Im unsure whether i need to let go and release my mantra at any point or if i should be noticing it 100% of the time

After the 'waves' of physical feelings occurred i though it may be possible that i may be in a false awakening but didnt want to RC in case i wasnt. I also do all this on my back which isnt my normal sleeping position

Any help would be very much appreciated

PS: if that hand in your signiture something you saw in an LD? Intrigued

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Apr 2015 10:44

ezzolucid wrote:Hi, once i started getting the gforce type 'rush' feeling, i stopped the mantra and passively observed the physical feelings of the Hypnogogia. I remained calm but once it stopped a few seconds later i then returned to passively noticing my mantra

What i try to do is if i feel i am falling asleep then i will increase slightly the awareness of my mantra

By your post, its sounding like me that you are in fear of the state you actually need to allow yourself to start to go into. You need to allow yourself to fall asleep, the point where your mind is just starting to drift some. It's a good sign when one is getting this going on.

I keep this balance hoping that i will then fall into a dream. Im unsure whether i need to let go and release my mantra at any point or if i should be noticing it 100% of the time

From my own experience with WILD and using mantras, I find I may loose the mantra several times due to mind drifting off and then like think "oh Im meant to be doing the mantra" so start it up again. It's really a case of doing what feels right at the time. But you do need to allow yourself to start drifting a little and head more towards towards a normal sleep state. Often then one will transition without even noticing the transition in many cases and its like "oh Im somewhere else" as the waking mind kicks back in if one has been slightly drifting with thoughts. (while of cause others may get HI, vibrations and things).

After the 'waves' of physical feelings occurred i though it may be possible that i may be in a false awakening but didnt want to RC in case i wasnt.

It may be a good idea to do reality check after such times as it is possible to miss one has gone into dreaming (I think many who try WILD and get sensations but then don't find anything happening so roll over and just go to an unaware sleep, may of actually missed a dream transition. I know there has been times I almost missed one and only found out cause I did something which made me aware I had entered a dream).

With time you will know more how it works for you and at what point you are likely to be dreaming if you've gone into a smooth transition but still in bed but dreaming.. the trickest LD transitions to pick up. (or you do things like try to imagine yourself floating and see if you can make yourself float if you really don't want to risk moving or another thing I do is imagine myself reaching out for something to see if I can reach it from the bed).

PS: if that hand in your signiture something you saw in an LD? Intrigued

yeah the split hand I painted is my hands in one of the lucids I had. They always appear differently in my dreams in various ways so are always interesting to look at. Another time when I looked at them I had plants growing out of my fingers, other times I've had more fingers or deformed fingers.

ezzolucid

Postby ezzolucid » 29 Apr 2015 15:42

Thanks for the detailed reply - much apppriciated

Just to add, today, i tried an afternoon nap, i was tired from only 6 hours sleep the night before. As I lay still for about 20 min i was on the brink of sleep. I kept having 'dream snippets' - short dreams of about 5 seconds long then i would be back into my deep trance state repeating the mantra

I had about 5 or 6 within 30 minits of these small dream, I was not sure whether to just let myself go at that point and fall into the dream, i was afraid of just going into a non aware dream so i just kept my mantra going in the back of my mind

It was as if i was on a really fine line between dreaming and wakefullness and i was tipping / keeping that balance by using my mantra.

During the dream snippets, i was not lucid so i feel that if i just let myself drift further into a dream snippet then it would be a non ld dream

Im really dissapointed that i cant make the final transition. Im sure it will come soon. I had a FA last week which i convderted to a LD as i perfomed a node pinch RC but that was after i had experience amazingly powerful vibrations and speed type g force

Thanks for any advice you can give, itr really appreciated

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Apr 2015 16:09

Sounds like you are very close

I had about 5 or 6 within 30 minits of these small dream, I was not sure whether to just let myself go at that point and fall into the dream, i was afraid of just going into a non aware dream so i just kept my mantra going in the back of my mind

It was as if i was on a really fine line between dreaming and wakefullness and i was tipping / keeping that balance by using my mantra.

During the dream snippets, i was not lucid so i feel that if i just let myself drift further into a dream snippet then it would be a non ld dream

I myself usually call the snippets "day dreams", just like how one can loose awareness at times.. daze out during the day and loose track of where one is and what one is doing for a brief moment of time cause the mind has drifted elsewhere. I myself tend to loose awareness completely during those brief snippets but that doesn't necessarily mean Im going to loose my awareness completely when I enter into the LD.

Just like you are suddenly coming back to awareness after these, hopefully you will have your awareness suddenly kick in after one of these brief awareness losses to find that you are in a dream. Keep trying and playing with how much you need to let go.

What I was doing and still do sometimes, is I set the clock alarm to go off in 1hr so I do enter a dream unaware, I'll be woken up and have another go at the LD entry (that's fine for me as what is 10-15 mins in our world can often be like a 1hr time period in my dream world so I enter a dream after 45mins, I still have enough time to have an enjoyable LD). A couple of weeks back I become lucid cause I suddenly become aware that I couldn't hear the ticking of the clock and the alarm hadn't yet gone off so suddenly realised I was dreaming.

Return to “For Beginners”