DILD's and first WILD!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
BryanB

DILD's and first WILD!

Postby BryanB » 29 Apr 2015 07:26

So, the night after my very first attempt at WILDing, I successfully had a dream induced lucid dream! It was not as vivid as I thought it would have been, as well as my dream recall it's not totally there. Although I do remember at one point realizing I was dreaming to look at my hands and two fingers transformed into stone and a tree! At that point I started jumping between school buildings and flying. I have had more DILDs, being on cruise ships and flying around islands. I had experienced my first WILD just today, it was brief and unintentional. I just got home from school and wanted to take a quick nap before I went to work, 20 minutes into my nap I had fallen asleep and realized I was unintentionally lucid dreaming. I was sitting in a room with a friend and things were still hazy and not-so vivid. I quickly thought "clear" and in an instance all my senses came to me and it felt like real life, I got up and walked towards a staircase, and I noticed that my footsteps sounded like echoes. I was quick to look for a reflection to look at myself and my eyes with brown with a reddish hue. As I walked up the steps everything began to fade away and I panicked in the process. Although it was a brief experience it amazed me, it was nice to finally experience a truly vivid lucid dream not to mention the last time I ever researched lucid dreaming was the night of my first attempt, since then they naturally come to me. Maybe someone could help give me tips as to what I should do next time?

taniaaust1

Re: DILD's and first WILD!

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Apr 2015 16:15

I suggest next time to do a dream stabilisation technique like rubbing your hands briskly together seeing this dream didn't last long
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

BryanB

Postby BryanB » 29 Apr 2015 18:38

Okay, and another question I have; what other techniques are there to increase my dream recall? As of right now I can really only remember a couple 5 second bits and pieces from my dreams. If not I wake up thinking I didn't have a dream until my realization hits me hours later.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2015 09:02

BryanB wrote:Okay, and another question I have; what other techniques are there to increase my dream recall? As of right now I can really only remember a couple 5 second bits and pieces from my dreams. If not I wake up thinking I didn't have a dream until my realization hits me hours later.

Make sure you do the following things
1/ Have paper/pen or pencil by the bed to write them down before you even get up or at least take brief notes ASAP (I even have trained my body at times to immediately wake up after a dream so I can make some notes right away even if its middle of night).

2/ As soon as you wake up, don't move at all and immediately focus on trying to recall the dream to get some grasp of it before you even move to write it. (sometimes just with moving we can loose memories, so try to start with that waking up state and recall the dream).

3/ Write down something even if you only remember a few seconds or even if its just how you felt when you emotionally wake up..

4/ If you wake up and immediately start thinking of your day.. I suggest to set your alarm 5 mins earlier and dedicate that time to being your dream recall time.

Dream recall can also be helped by increasing awareness during the day (so hopefully you will pay more attention to dream stuff within the dream so hopefully will also then remember it later better). eg pay more attention to your surroundings and things during day, observe things....

Also don't give up.. people can also go through better patches at times with remembering their dreams. You may also be struggling to remember them but suddenly find yourself doing it better.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”