Lapse in dream recall?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jimmyjames

Lapse in dream recall?

Postby jimmyjames » 29 Apr 2015 21:49

Is it normal to have a lapse in dream recall? I've had around 100 vivid dreams that I've recorded in my journal, and now I can't remember a single detail. I missed one morning of writing down dreams and now I'm back to square one in terms of recall. Has this happened to anyone else?

taniaaust1

Re: Lapse in dream recall?

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 May 2015 13:21

Yes.. if I stop paying attention to my dreams, I can completely loose all my dream recall.

I haven't got mine back well at all since I stopped paying attention to them for a while. It can take me many months to get my good dream recall back. It seems to be a fragile thing in my case. Same goes for my WILDs and LD... if I stop focusing on LD, I loose them and then it can take me weeks of focus to start getting them again.

All this is why I suggest to people to not just focus on LD on weekends! If you trying to learn this its far better putting daily focus into it. If your life is busy, it can be better to wait till the holidays till you have got time to put some focus into it.

Its also not uncommon to go through a bad patch with all this stuff
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”