I'm having problems creating dream scenes

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Ziggie

I'm having problems creating dream scenes

Postby Ziggie » 30 Apr 2015 02:35

So for the past month or so, I've been doing my reality checks and consistently writing in my dream journal and finally within this week I've been lucid twice, by just happening to count my fingers (my main dream checking method). In this dream I felt that I could control the dream, so since I became lucid in the back of a car, I decided to drive it off a small cliff into an ocean, hoping for a beautiful scene filled with fishes and marine animals. Instead I was greeted by nothing but a dark blue (ocean colour) and nothing else.

Yesterday (my second time becoming lucid) I also happened to have become lucid in the back of a car, after waking up at 4am and performing the WILD method, but this time the car was stationary, so i decided to walk through the car door without opening it, and successful I was....
However, once again I found myself standing before a large grey void of nothingness, but when I was in the car, if I recall properly, I was parked in the middle of a carpark.

Does this mean that my imagination (when I'm lucid) has to control every aspect of the dream? As in I know its all a figment of the imagination, but since I'm lucid, does that mean my conscious mind has to create entire scenes i.e create the roads, lights, grass, tree's etc.?

taniaaust1

Re: I'm having problems creating dream scenes

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 May 2015 05:51

Ziggie wrote: Does this mean that my imagination (when I'm lucid) has to control every aspect of the dream? As in I know its all a figment of the imagination, but since I'm lucid, does that mean my conscious mind has to create entire scenes i.e create the roads, lights, grass, tree's etc.?
[/quote]

No not at all, your lucid dreams are quite capable of manifesting other scenes. You shouldn't have to even will a scene in a LD. You actually do have a scene but its choosing to be empty.

What is happening here is you are manifesting this blankness either by normal waking mind thoughts eg if you think and believe you lack imagination this could do it (if this is the case you need to get through to yourself that you don't need to have any imagination at all for your subconsciousness to create the dream scenes) ..... or its a way you are subconsciously expressing something.

The clue with what is going on here appears to be the fact you were in the back of a car at the start of both these dreams. That subconsciously expresses that you aren't in the drivers seat so aren't in control (of something in your life).

So with these two dreams you get a clash between you becoming conscious in these dreams so wanting the dreams to go in certain ways eg you want a good scene.. but they want to just express that "you have no control" (they wont allow things to go right for you). They want to continue on with the you are in the backseat kind of expression (no control) one could say. Your wish is to hop out of the car and into the scene.. but your subconciousness which is choosing to express that you don't have control, is thawting your plans.

Its like I cant fly in my dreams as flying symbolises freedom and life going well... and my life is completely crap bogged down with major problems. I struggle to change that subconsciousness expression so cant fly (unless I use an aid in my dream).

So you either need to have your own will power over ride what your subconsciousness is wanting to express and will keep trying to express in all kinds of ways in your dream (you are likely to have lots of things go wrong in dreams in which you were in the back seat) or you have to convince the subconsciousness otherwise or make it forget what its trying to currently express.

I don't know if this would help or not but maybe try this IF you find yourself in the backseat again (if its a common dream symbol of yours you probably will find yourself in this situation again). Try climbing over the seat and hopping into the drivers seat and starting up the car to signal to the subconsciousness... that YOU ARE IN CONTROL and you are taking over some of this dream. You CAN get out of the car and into a proper scene. Try getting out of the car from the drivers seat to see if this changes things.

Also when you get out of the car also EXPECT to see whatever you could see outside it when you were sitting in it (this usually isn't at all needed in dreams but in your case for this kind of backseat dream it is)

(This is a car in which if you take for a drive its likely to further show you that you aren't in control so hence why I just said to just sit in the front seat and start it but if you want maybe a bit of an out of control ride.. take that car for a spin if it goes)

You may not at all find the issue you've been having if you become lucid in a dream in which isn't symbolising lack of control in some way.

Let us know how you get on.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ziggie

Re: I'm having problems creating dream scenes

Postby Ziggie » 07 May 2015 06:08

That sounds really helpful! I'll definitely try that next time I become lucid in the back of a car. Interesting what you said about not having control, I don't know if this is a symbol of something in my waking world, but hopefully I'll figure it out. Thanks for the tip! :D I also think now that I know, I don't have to create entire dream scenes like I thought I'd have to before, will help trigger my mind since now I know I'm fully capable.
Cheers

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”