Strange Dream

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Khalyda

Strange Dream

Postby Khalyda » 02 May 2015 00:51

The dream started out at my wedding(mind you I'm not married, but I have an idea of what I want to do for it, and the dream was pretty close to the idea). Everything goes well, a little weird, but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary. Then the dream skips to me and a few people standing on raised walkway looking out over what looks like the inside of a warehouse full of boxes. I ask how many there are, and how many we have to move. I'm told by someone (I'm not sure who is there, as once we left the wedding scene, the people I knew were no longer there), that there's 500 boxes, but it's ok, that means we only each need to move 7. As we go down stairs into a house I notice there are ladders that lead up to closed trap doors in the ceilings, and I suggest that we just work together and move the boxes up through those. The house is old and dim, but not dirty or broken. Most of the dream has had the dim lighting to it, only becoming clearer if I got close enough to something. But we try opening the trap doors, and for some unknown reason, this is very bad, and the dream seems to skip out a bit to a time where me and two of the people who were helping me move boxes are sitting on a very long cushioned bench. At that point I'm not even sure if they are still people or human as I more of feel their presence rather than fully see them. The room otherwise is empty, no furniture, other people, no windows, just a hall entrance and a door to another room. The other room makes me feel uneasy, just by looking at the door. I end up talking to the two that are with me. They seem to not want me to go into the other room. Telling me if I go in and see a giant baby there could be trouble. I end up telling them I don't know why I'm even scared, as it doesn't matter what happens to my body, it'll just regenerate. I think its just the initial surprise of the change that scares me. Eventually I go to the other room, upon opening the door, I can see that the room only has 3 walls, the 4th wall is more like a mass of dark swirly colors. It looks like there is an office desk and chair, and on the floor is a large black dog laying down. The room altogether makes me nervous. The other two are waiting by the door, and tell me I can leave if I'm not comfortable. They'll help me leave. I decide to go in and ask the dog what it wants. The room changes, still just the 3 walls and the weird swirly dark colored wall, but now the room is empty except for a long giant dufflebag like object with no handles or zippers that seems to extend forever into the weird wall. The dog tells me I need to help it close a window we opened. It takes hold of my hand in its jaws and starts walking me toward the weird wall. My hand and arm starts feeling numb, and I call out to the other two that I'm done, this feels weird, I don't like it, and I want to leave. -of course I end waking up to my daughter crying to get out of her crib. So I don't know what would have happened. When I go back to sleep after taking care of my daughter, a new dream starts me out sitting on the edge of a large pit and something comes up grabbing my foot and trys to pull me in. - then the alarm goes off and I have to get up in real life. Still no finish to this weird dream.

taniaaust1

Re: Strange Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 May 2015 14:49

Your second dream is a continuance of the first dream

The dog tells me I need to help it close a window we opened. It takes hold of my hand in its jaws and starts walking me toward the weird wall. My hand and arm starts feeling numb, and I call out to the other two that I'm done, this feels weird, I don't like it, and I want to leave

a new dream starts me out sitting on the edge of a large pit and something comes up grabbing my foot and triys to pull me in

Can you see how both these were about being taken by another to somewhere you do not want to go...

Note that other taking you some where could be an aspect of yourself or someone else. From this dream it appears that you are heading in a direction of life where you do not want to go and either yourself is making you make those choices you are making or another is.

The next part of your dream which you didn't get to dream due to kept being woken up, would of shown the outcomes of "moving" in this direction .. whether you will fight doing this or not and how it is likely to play out

The rest of this dream isnt so clear and I can only make wild guesses at it. The dream "may" be related to some kind of work you are doing though... work could be symbolised by that office desk and chairs. So think about your current "work" whatever it is. (it could be stay at home mum or another kind of work).

Marriage is a union between yourself and something else in your life. So think about what new thing you have in your life which you are united with, can you think of anything to do with "work". You said you have a baby.. the new union ie wedding.. could be symbolising this. Is your baby young? (but by your post it doesn't sound like your baby is that young if crying to get out of a crib so I wouldn't expect the new union/wedding was about that).

babies in dream are usually representing something new in your life... To figure out your dream, you need to focus on anything new in your life.

long giant dufflebag like object with no handles or zippers

That makes me think of the box symbols as they too hold things and have no handles or zippers so I think they probably represent the same thing.

umm were the boxes you were moving empty or full? What did the duffle bag contain?

dog
dogs are said to be mans best friend. Your dog though was a black dog so may carry some negative meaning with someone who is supposed to be a friend (or an aspect of yourself which isn't being so nice to yourself).. This dog too was going to lead you into places you didn't feel comfortable about.. so the black fits there too.

A very wild guess at this dream meaning would be .. you have a new business partner or have partnered with a venture or you have joined up with something and this is taking you into a situation or situations in which you do not want to go and feel uneasy about.

Its such a pity this dream ended so the consequences of whatever the situation is, weren't played out in it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Interpretation”