WILD - the itch

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Peter

WILD - the itch

Postby Peter » 02 May 2015 08:48

I have been concentrating on the few instants of time that precede a WILD for couple of years now and made a lot of progress with around 60% of my lucids being WILD and a steady 3 or more a week now.

This is just one example of what I have been working on and I call it the Itch and this is an excerpt from another post on another forum

WILD entry - controlling the itch

its funny as with more understanding of the process its doing nothing that makes the difference.
One simple example of what I mean is that when you are trying for a WILD normal advice is to relax and if you get an itch just scratch it and then carry on. I worked out the the itch I get is always in one of two places and occurs around the same time, just before the transition to light sleep or vibrations that precede an OBE so I decided for no reason that its a signal from one of our sleep processes that decides if we are ready for sleep and could trigger a release of whatever sends us on our merry way to REM sleep (Dopamine?)
I tried and finally succeeded in controlling the itch. What a battle that was, it truly took a while but after a lot of intense experiences and a massive amount of frustration I got it.
The key was to take time out of the equation and I triggered to this from a book I read on mental illness where a doctor watch a patient move his hand from his hip to his head over up to 5 hours. When the patient came out of whatever the illness was he told the doctor that he was scratching an itch and it felt like normal time to him, just an instant to get the job done.
So took away time, so easy.
I just repeat mentally, wait " just one second, just one second" and so on. Over time it has become a habit to dwell in the instants of time and not think into the future about how long the itch might last. This has the effect of being able to observe the itch, it gets extremely intense, the skin gets hot and it pluses and them seems to become like a point of energy just off the skin. Next it just goes and you can more often that not get a flush that starts the OBE process and then into a lucid in an instant.
Does not always work but I will also get better at it

Hope this makes sense and its just one example of what I have been playing around with for a couple of years now. I really like the concept of removing time and existing in the instant. Thats also a great exercise for entering a lucid on its own
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Re: WILD - the itch

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 May 2015 14:08

Interesting post. I used to get that itch, I don't know why I don't know umm maybe it's been gone since the day I over came the itch or maybe I just itch it without thinking nowdays? (umm not sure if I want to pay attention to what happened to that itch in case I get it back).

I used to always make sure I didn't move at all during a WILD attempt so was a person who used to choose not to itch the itch. Anyway, this day that itch got intenser and intenser.. it got literally unbearable so I was having to force myself to put up with moment by moment and put all concept aside of how long it may last.

Just when I got to the point where I felt like I couldn't bear it any more . I transitioned straight into a WILD. I always have wondered if I transitioned at that very moment cause it was so unbearable, maybe I tried to escape my body?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 May 2015 15:56

Could be a bit of both, I tend to think its another way for the mind to decide if it want to put us to sleep. Not all itches are equal, I have two that I pay attention to :lol:
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 May 2015 05:10

Peter wrote:Could be a bit of both, I tend to think its another way for the mind to decide if it want to put us to sleep. Not all itches are equal, I have two that I pay attention to :lol:

"not all itches are equal" :mrgreen: maybe I should make this my wise line for today. I really have to pay more attention to that when I get an itch to try to see if there is something really in this.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”