Tribute to nesgirl

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Would you want her to come back?

Yes, I really liked her
56%
Yes, I can take some more
11%
No, that would not be a good idea
No votes
Who is she? I would like to meet her
No votes
Whatever..
33%

Total votes: 9

DesertExplorer

Tribute to nesgirl

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 May 2015 00:24

Today I wanted to honour nesgirl's membership in the forum. A member that didn't passed unnoticed around here. So, I made this thread to remind you that a part of the forum is missing and also give you the chance to say goodbye ..or ask her to come back.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Snaggle

Re: Tribute to nesgirl

Postby Snaggle » 05 May 2015 01:13

She certainly had interesting posts and some worthwhile LD posts. Hope you return and you are missed.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 May 2015 01:22

I must admit,

Not a day goes by without at least thinking of nesgirl and what she's up to these days. I hope I made the same impression on everyone here.

I haven't been active, mostly because I'm missing someone to rant with, but one of these days, I'll be gone too, and we all know, just as much as I know, anyone who poured their heart out here on this forum will influence me and be a part of me, just like I hope I was, and still am, with all of you.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 May 2015 09:24

Whatever... :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 May 2015 13:55

What happened to her? did she get banned???? If she was banned Im sure it would of been with good reason as it isn't like bans are common here at all. She was in an unfortunate situation, not always knowing when she was going too far. ***wondering if she got banned for her attitude towards those who mentioned relationships at all or sex, she did attack more then one person who was fairly new here quite badly over how she felt about "love" or sex***

Im not voting as I trust the mods judgement here to do what's best for this website.

I didn't mind her though I did have her on block for quite a while as we clashed. Well didn't mind her once I adjusted to her :lol: . She certainly had a strong presence.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 12 May 2015 14:21

taniaaust1 wrote:What happened to her? did she get banned???? If she was banned Im sure it would of been with good reason as it isn't like bans are common here at all. She was in an unfortunate situation, not always knowing when she was going too far. ***wondering if she got banned for her attitude towards those who mentioned relationships at all or sex, she did attack more then one person who was fairly new here quite badly over how she felt about "love" or sex***

Im not voting as I trust the mods judgement here to do what's best for this website.

I didn't mind her though I did have her on block for quite a while as we clashed. Well didn't mind her once I adjusted to her :lol: . She certainly had a strong presence.

No, she is not banned. That's why I ask you to vote.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 May 2015 17:08

If the mods kept her they made the right decision. Allow me to explain... :mrgreen:

What irked me the most about nesgirl was her bigotry and libellous remarks about a few of our fellow members (me included). I might have intentionally provoked her but it was only to expose her true colours. My advice to her would be to keep her mouth shut if she doesn't have a good argument, but, of course, she can do what she wants even if that includes the continuation of her ignominious conduct on this forum.

I'm all for freedom of expression. Let HER -- with her bad philosophy and prejudices -- have a voice so that WE can constructively criticise her. This constructive criticism, of course, is not for her benefit (this bigot won't allow it to be), but rather, for those members who are interested in having a disquisition that will foreground controversial issues and explain why some ideas are wrong and pernicious.

I think keeping her can give rise to a renewed pedagogical experience (provided that she comes out of her foxhole and decides to re-engage), but then again, I couldn't care less about what she does so "whatever" indeed. There are plenty of interesting individuals on this forum with ostensibly more to offer. Unlike nesgirl, such candidates for a great discourse are sane, rational, and less egoistic. 8-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 May 2015 04:02

Nesgirl banned herself, took a hiatus, and is in a self-imposed exile right now. Don't worry, Tani. There were no strong measures taken, and she never did anything wrong. Freedom of speech is upheld here, and freedom to question is equally a virtue. She sure wants us all to feel sorry for her and give her a funeral as if she committed forum suicide, so... well...., I don't want to disappoint. I'll give a tribute.

There wasn't this option, but my vote would be:
"No, but I really like her".

No, she shouldn't come back here. For her own well being, she needs to stay away from conflicts. I bet they follow her wherever she goes, taking them with her like a traveling carpet bag, so there's nobody to blame here, but herself for bringing it, and longing for it. She needs to pick her company wisely. She certainly had an abrasive relationship with Summerlander, and DeschainXIX, especially, but it's only because they had a difference of opinion, and she chose to vilify them and blame them for her entire dystopian view. Nothing more. I never saw any serious verbal assault at all. In fact, I had to quell some of what Nesgirl was saying against them, because it was exaggerated, on the verge of being slanderous, and I also stuck up for her as well. It was tough babysitting them all, and I did threaten to spank Summerlander once. :lol: I think nesgirl needs a good spanking too, but we all know why that joke doesn't work.

I stick up for the truth. And the truth is, Nesgirl is not a bad person. I see through it all and we're all just bickering children, playing, and talking, and gossiping on this forum like a recess from our daily lives.

I like people that speak their mind, whatever it is, and express themselves. She was far more interesting than most who come here and only write 1-10 posts. She has left am indelible mark on my mind with her tenacity to her ideals, questionable as they are, and spirit to strive for an ideal world with a passion and sincerity unrivaled by anyone else I ever met here... except Summerlander. I like his gusto for this forum too.

Erichsa was wise to single you two out, and that "Summerlander and Nesgirl" thread was good fun while it lasted.

(I could go on, and it took me many tries to get this far, but whatever was said, was said, and I meant it)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 May 2015 07:32

There wasn't this option, but my vote would be:
"No, but I really like her".

That's how I felt about it too so I didn't vote.

I was concerned over what I saw as like an attack done on at least one new person here when the person said nothing wrong.

I bet they follow her wherever she goes, taking them with her like a traveling carpet bag, so there's nobody to blame here, but herself for bringing it, and longing for it.

I doubt very much that she longs for the problems she has with others. It probably upsets her that she finds it so hard to get along with others and fit into a forum situation.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 May 2015 09:08

LMAO! Well said, Hagart! :-D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”