Hello All

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
kamalika

Hello All

Postby kamalika » 05 May 2015 17:34

Hi,
Greetings to all!
I am Kamlaika, a Indian girl, attended an engineering degree and work as a software professional. I follow Hinduism as a religion. I do not posses any superstitions and respect all people that I meet as I respect myself. I am friendly and helping, like socializing but talk very little. It takes a lot of guts to come out and interact with people. I am trying to help myself with some problems that I faced all through my life and still struggling to control my inner me.
I told about my relion since it played an important part in my life. I believe that even without the hocus pocus and mambo jumbo of the Hinduism religion, simply following your own heart and believing in God, you can attain God...:)
I have been having vivid dreams since my teenage years. Dreams which I could not interpret in anyway. I later years due to social pressure, work pressure and career pressure I went into very profound depression.
Which ultimately led to developments of anxiety, fear and nervousness. This is something I am still not being able to control totally yet.
I came across the term lucid dreaming lately, and i realized that i had been doing it long without knowing it. Now I want to use it wisely to make me strong and not be afraid of it.

I seek help from this forum about this.

Thanking you
Kamalika

RealityCheck

Re: Hello All

Postby RealityCheck » 06 May 2015 12:28

Glad you've joined us Kamlaika :D Lucid dreaming can definitely help you lots if you're struggling with anxiety and fears. It may or may not be an easy journey for you, but I hope that it will give you enjoyment and help you overcome your fears. Feel free to submit questions :)
How to wake yourself up

Marco Michelini

Postby Marco Michelini » 06 May 2015 21:19

Ehi Kamlaika!
Happy you've join the blog, well, I am a beginner about lucid dreaming.
I wish you all the best for all you want to achieve in your life and hope to conversate here with you in the forum.
So, about your dreaming experiences, can you tell me which is the difference that you feel between a normal dream and a lucid one?

Marco,
23 years, from Italy

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 May 2015 01:21

Welcome to the forum, Kamalika! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 07 May 2015 04:04

Kamalika, Welcome to the forum.

I've had a long term in interest in the esoteric yoga philosophy aspect of Hinduism, and also in Tibetan Buddhism.
My favorite 2 books about dreams are - "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield and "Lucid Dreaming - Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner. - Also books by psychiatrist, Carl Jung and mythologist, Joseph Campbell.

Many people experience anxiety at times, myself included.
The "Health Journeys" website has much good informative about dealing with a variety of stress-related concerns.

- Article - "What Is Guided Imagery?" - healthjourneys.com - Belleruth Naparstek

- "Guided Imagery And Meditation Blog - Health Journeys - blog.healthjourneys.com
See categories in right column.

To help navigation, after clicking "read more" in articles, click back arrow to continue sequence of article summaries.

For a sample of audios - search - "healthjourneys.com/store - Meditations to Relieve Stress"
Click audio samples - "stay calm under pressure" (voice of Belleruth Naparstek)

- Also, on YouTube - see video - "Belleruth Naparstek On PTSD" episode 1 of 7

- "Guided Imagery For Soldiers With PTSD - with Belleruth Naparstek

In some of her blogs, Belleruth also recommends the following 2 alternative approaches to working with stress

- YouTube - "Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Demonstration" by Mercola

- YouTube --"Healing Touch Program: An Introduction to Heaaling Touch" part 1 of 2
The Healing Touch Program is endorsed by The American Nurses Credentialing Center and The American Nurses Association.

I wish you the best in your engineering software career.

- jasmine2

kamalika

Postby kamalika » 11 May 2015 08:12

Dear All,

Your responses are overwhelming! I did not thought that you will respond to this so much.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

To jasmine2

I am sure the references will be of great help. Thank you for sharing them. I have planned to dedicate some time of the day to this matter and will be studying the refs you have given.

To Marco Michelini

One difference that I have noticed is that inside the dream I have spoken to myself
and told myself that I must be dreaming... :o Well this happened when I did not know anything about lucid dreaming and I used to get utterly confused about what I dream of. I came to know about lucid dream this year in January 2015 from a person I met on my job and became very good friends. As I said earlier I had been lucid dreaming for a long time. Earlier after waking I couldn't recognize my own room.
That used to scare me a little sometimes.

Earlier even in lucid dreaming I could not do any thing. But gradually, I don't know how that happened, some how it seemed that I can make a difference with the consequences in the dream. Like choosing between paths to walk, and oh yes...flying...i jump like anything to go from one place to another.... :D It did not seem weird in dreams but when I get up, i ask myself why did I jump so high or fly?? :shock:
Funny
Well unknowingly it helped me in getting over fear of heights ......seriously.....am happy.... :)

Thank you Summerlander, RealityCheck for giving me a warm welcome....

So now I will be off to doing my research and trying out somethings.....after that I will come back..and I bet you will enjoy the dreams I get...there really very adventurous.....

Marco Michelini

Postby Marco Michelini » 11 May 2015 21:09

ehi Kamalika,

thanks to you for your reply!
it's very interesting, so good luck for your next lucid dream experiences and see you soon in the forum!

Marco

Return to “Introduce Yourself”