MILD HELP!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
xboxspider

MILD HELP!

Postby xboxspider » 07 May 2015 03:16

I haven't been studying LDs lately but i still tell myself i will lucid dream before bed every night. I know this is the MILD technique but is it efficient? And do i have to wake up like 6 hours after and then do it? I just want to know if what i do is working. P.S. I'm still mostly doing reality checks.
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

Fira

Re: MILD HELP!

Postby Fira » 26 May 2015 02:03

And do i have to wake up like 6 hours after and then do it?

No you don't. In fact, you're not supposed to. When you tell yourself over and over again that you're going to have a lucid dream as you fall asleep, that's when you're supposed to do it. Don't wake yourself up six hours after going to sleep unless you're trying to do WBTB.

I just want to know if what i do is working.

I would say try what you're already doing for a month. If you see zero progress, then try something else. And by "progress" I don't just mean "whether you have a lucid dream." If you have more VIVID dreams, or remember them easier than you did before, then that means that what you're doing is working. If it's harder to remember your dreams, or they're getting fuzzy after a month of doing what you're doing, then stop and try something different.

xboxspider

Re: MILD HELP!

Postby xboxspider » 28 May 2015 02:08

I would say try what you're already doing for a month. If you see zero progress, then try something else. And by "progress" I don't just mean "whether you have a lucid dream." If you have more VIVID dreams, or remember them easier than you did before, then that means that what you're doing is working. If it's harder to remember your dreams, or they're getting fuzzy after a month of doing what you're doing, then stop and try something different.

So i see what you're saying. Now I'm on and off doing it, but if i practice for a month, i should have more dream recall if it's working. Got it!
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

Return to “For Beginners”