My first (not so good) lucid experience. Any suggestions?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jimi

My first (not so good) lucid experience. Any suggestions?

Postby jimi » 08 May 2015 09:37

Hello!

I've been trying to get some lucid dreams for some days now. I've read a lot of methods and today I had some time to - not fully intentionally try the WILD method. Some people said it's not so good, but I am so curious!
So after I woke up today (there was no sound in my room and total darkness) I was thinking about having a lucid dream. I mean I was daydreaming about how cool it could be. Then I closed my eyes, and I thought about how would I try to put my hand through a door in my sleep. Then it happened, it felt like I was strating to sink at a very high pace, I was fully aware of it, and suddenly it stopped. Now there was not total silence, I could hear the fainted sound of a lawn mower, and my breathing, that's all. So there was I laying, and I knew I wasn't awake. So I was like, what the hell, get up! But I couldn't move my body. It's hard to say this,
but somehow I'm not sure, but managed to see my not-moving-body through my closed eyes? I became frightened. I tried to shout, but I couldn't do it either. I didn't open my eyes,
because I didn't want to have a horroristic sleep-paralysis. I've learnt that pretty early. Then it popped to my mind, that I read somewhere, that you can cough yourself to wake-state. Well I tried, but all I could manage, was some rough snoring-like noise, but not a single cough. Now that I'm awake, I'd doubt that I made any noise in real life at all. But back then I was pretty sure I did. So there was I aware of myself, and sleeping (like a lucid dream) but not dreaming. Then (still scared) I tried to sink into a dream for real but I couldn't. Though I was only trying it for like 5 seconds because I became frightened again, my breathing and heartrate got faster,
I could hear my own breathing. But I've read it's only worse if you're scared, so I tried to settle down, and some seconds? minutes? later I felt like I'm back. And I was, with my risen hearthrate and heavy breathing. First I raised my arm, I opened my eyes only after,
to make sure I wasn't sleeping anymore.
I came right here. As I'm writing this, I think I might be little scared to "try" WILD again, but it was also exciting. I look forward to any explanation of what happened, any help or suggestion. :)

Thanks, Imi.

HAGART

Re: My first (not so good) lucid experience. Any suggestions

Postby HAGART » 09 May 2015 00:52

It's certainly an exhilarating and confusing experience when you first have it, but everything you describe is very common for me and have written about many of my W.I.L.D. transitions into a dream.

Sinking, hearing a droning sound, seeing things through eyes I can feel pinched shut tight, hearing yourself breath very loudly, unable to move.... I must have written about many of my experiences, and should find them and give you a link to those threads. You'll see it's very common, and even a few other bizarre sensations during the transition from awake to dream when we are conscious of it. (W.I.L.D.)

I just searched my posts, and sure enough, I've written about it before:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14914
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Re: My first (not so good) lucid experience. Any suggestions

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 May 2015 21:04

jimi wrote: I've read a lot of methods and today I had some time to - not fully intentionally try the WILD method. Some people said it's not so good,

I so wish people would stop telling others that. There is way too much myths constantly spread about WILD (usually always be those who don't do it) and it tends to then cause issues for others. WILD doesn't have to be hard as some are naturals at it, it doesn't have to be scary either.

So there was I laying, and I knew I wasn't awake. So I was like, what the hell, get up!

At this point then if you weren't awake, you were in a dream. Thing is by your post it sounds like you didn't even realise you were in a dream hence you cant call it a lucid dream. But anyway, you were in a WILD state and could of had a good WILD if you hadn't got scared, you could of just opened your eyes to your dream bedroom.

But I couldn't move my body.

If you were asleep, you were choosing to dream you couldn't move your body. You've read too many scary sleep paralyses stories and this is the kind of thing which then is far likely to happen.

It's hard to say this, but somehow I'm not sure, but managed to see my not-moving-body through my closed eyes?

That's quite normal, you are using your dream eyes or seeing with your energy (if you have gone to astral awareness).

I didn't open my eyes, because I didn't want to have a horroristic sleep-paralysis.

You really need to get rid of that thought or its likely to cause an issue. SP doesn't have to be "horroristic".

So there was I aware of myself, and sleeping (like a lucid dream) but not dreaming.

All the bad stuff you were experiencing was probably part of the dream you were creating. A dream you were creating based on your thoughts about certain things. (when in a dream, what we think, we often create).

First I raised my arm, I opened my eyes only after, to make sure I wasn't sleeping anymore.

That's a mistake and wont necessarily tell a person they have finally woken up from that kind of state.. you could of very easily been in a false awakening state and without doing a reality check, you wouldn't have known and that then would of probably just added to your bad experience.

You basically missed out on what could of been a great WILD due to all the fears you have over things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”